Root for official Huawei S7 Android 2.2 Builds

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Huwaei is shipping the updates with 2.2.2.

This effectively eliminates previous methods to root the device (z4root)

Huawei has yet to put up the GPL kernel sources.

It should theoretically still work with psneuter on Superoneclick.

You will need to enable debugging mode on the device, and plug in the S7 via USB. Then you will need to reinstall the USB S7 driver.

Oneclick method without the need for a computer, Gingerbreak from xda
[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
You can try to plug in the usb cable or to enable wireless during z4root.Most of the exploit use this.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Sorry...I cant help for now...
I cant rooted my S7 right now...Z4root and other root application didnot work...my S7 always hang when I try to root...:(
We know. The root exploits used in all oneclick methods (specifically psneuter and rageinthecage) have both been patched in 2.2.2. It's futile for now.

If you think you can help, contribute here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...l-huawei-s7-android-2-2-builds.html#post73037

Can you take a picture or two and upload to imgur? Specifically the about tablet screen showing 2.2. I want to feature it in a news article on the front page.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
If I can get the Updata.app, I might be able to "pre root" the firmware, so we can then flash it using clockwork mod.

~Ivy

kensikora

Apr 7, 2011
Wait. Have they released froyo, or are we discussing preemptive root methods?

Edit: nevermind. I now see that froyo is available if you walk into a Huawei service center in Indonesia.

Either way, I will probably wait for Ivyvisors to pre-root and repack it, hopefully sans Huawei Emotion or whatever it's called.

Last edited:

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
For those of you who never used SOC (like me) I just googled how to use super one click-

Here is the original link: By Ali Waqas on Oct 15 2010 from addictive tips.com

Root Any Android Device And Samsung Captivate With Super One-Click App

THE FOLLOWING IS TAKEN FROM THE ABOVE ARTICLE BY ALI WAQAS.

"Here is the step by step guide on rooting your Android handset / Samsung Captivate with Super One Click Rooting Application.

This app needs .Net Framework 2.0 or higher to operate.

The first step is to download Super One Click Root App and save it on your desktop.

Once this is done, connect your phone to the computer. it is important to note that after connecting the phone, you must not mount SD card.

Now go to phone settings and enable USB Debugging.

Once this is done, launch SuperOneClick.exe by double clicking.

Now click on Universal tab on screen if you are going to root any Android device like Nexus One, Galaxy S, Droid etc.

Now simply click on Root tab and wait for the process to finish. It will take some time so hang in there.

After the rooting is complete, click Allow Non Market Apps if you need to.

There you go! you now have a rooted handset ready to accept any custom ROM."

Haven't done it yet- but am in the process! This was a long time coming. My thanks to our Indonesian friends for helping out the forgotten ones!!! (us)

Many thanks to Odienas and tri zet for all your hard work and efforts on our part. You are appreciated by many!!! ;)

**Just followed above directions with no problems- just leave settings on universal box top left and psneuter top right.

Last edited:

Jamesnmeyer

Apr 19, 2011
Been lurking for awhile and decided to sign up. Just updated and rooted my bb version. Update is working fine. Thanks to those who worked to get us this update.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App