Root for official Huawei S7 Android 2.2 Builds

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
For those of you who never used SOC (like me) I just googled how to use super one click-

Here is the original link: By Ali Waqas on Oct 15 2010 from addictive tips.com

Root Any Android Device And Samsung Captivate With Super One-Click App

THE FOLLOWING IS TAKEN FROM THE ABOVE ARTICLE BY ALI WAQAS.

"Here is the step by step guide on rooting your Android handset / Samsung Captivate with Super One Click Rooting Application.

This app needs .Net Framework 2.0 or higher to operate.

The first step is to download Super One Click Root App and save it on your desktop.

Once this is done, connect your phone to the computer. it is important to note that after connecting the phone, you must not mount SD card.

Now go to phone settings and enable USB Debugging.

Once this is done, launch SuperOneClick.exe by double clicking.

Now click on Universal tab on screen if you are going to root any Android device like Nexus One, Galaxy S, Droid etc.

Now simply click on Root tab and wait for the process to finish. It will take some time so hang in there.

After the rooting is complete, click Allow Non Market Apps if you need to.

There you go! you now have a rooted handset ready to accept any custom ROM."

Haven't done it yet- but am in the process! This was a long time coming. My thanks to our Indonesian friends for helping out the forgotten ones!!! (us)

Many thanks to Odienas and tri zet for all your hard work and efforts on our part. You are appreciated by many!!! ;)

**Just followed above directions with no problems- just leave settings on universal box top left and psneuter top right.

Does your tablet show up in the device manager or in my computer? When I start the super one click it just hangs at waiting for device. Should it do that?

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Evgeni

Jan 23, 2011
Same thing efidol, mine doens't show up in my computer, so I guess we need drivers first. It hangs at waiting for device aswell with me

Triune

Nov 29, 2010
Same thing efidol, mine doens't show up in my computer, so I guess we need drivers first. It hangs at waiting for device aswell with me

Same for me - being a noob - I reread and indeed downloaded the drivers from Huawei site, double checked under device manager to make sure the drivers were loaded, rebooted to be safe, and it ran completely.

mochas7

Jan 11, 2011

You definitely need the USB drivers from Huawei installed before you start using SOC.

If you have already hooked your device to your Windows computer, you may want to connect via USB, then go the Device Manager and find any instances of "Ideos Tablet" or similar and uninstall those (they will most likely be displayed with a problem icon/not working properly).

Then, disconnect the USB cable from the tablet, wait a few seconds and reconnect. You will likely get a message stating that some drivers installed properly, but some didn't.

Go back to the Device Manager, find the ones that didn't (most likely "Ideos Tablet" or similar), right click and update the drivers - select the directory on your computer where you unzipped the Huawei USB Drivers.

Then go ahead with the SOC process - make sure you have USB Debugging enabled on your tablet from the Applications/Development menus, and run SOC as an administrator (right click the SOC application file and select run as administrator).

mochas7

Jan 11, 2011
I may be a noob in many respects, but I have a bit of experience with SOC. Here is what has worked for me numerous times:

You definitely need the USB drivers from Huawei installed (see below) before you start using SOC.

If you have already hooked your device to your Windows computer, you may want to connect via USB, then go the Device Manager and find any instances of "Ideos Tablet" or similar and uninstall those (they will most likely be displayed with a problem icon/not working properly).

Then, disconnect the USB cable from the tablet, wait a few seconds and reconnect. You will likely get a message stating that some drivers installed properly, but some didn't.

Go back to the Device Manager, find the ones that didn't (most likely "Ideos Tablet" or similar), right click and update the drivers - select the directory on your computer where you unzipped the Huawei USB Drivers.

Then go ahead with the SOC process - make sure you have USB Debugging enabled on your tablet from the Applications/Development menus, and run SOC as an administrator (right click the SOC application file and select run as administrator). Also, some firewalls may get in the way - be sure to allow access to anything that looks related to this process.

You may have to run the SOC process 2-3 times for it to fully work. A quick way of checking to see if things are looking good is to look in the app drawers for Superuser. You must reboot the tablet for root privileges to activate fully.

Last edited:

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
My drivers installed when I plugged my tablet in, but it still would not work so I did some searching and found a trick and it worked great.

I plugged my tablet in with USB Debugging turned off. Then started SOC.
Then once it got to searching for device I turned on USB Debugging and then it started working.
Part way through it will say if you hang up turn off USB Debugging, which after a few moments I did hang and I turned off USB Debugging, waited a few seconds and turned it back on.
After doing this the process finished and it said I was rooted.
I had to then turn my tablet off and back on before I was able to get my root apps to work, but they did and all is great now.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
hope all has sorted out their problems. I had the drivers installed from several months ago with initial hacking. They came from huawei's site and was bundled as win xp/win7. For a long time winxp was ignored. I had to install and when in device manager, had to hunt for file on desktop and point to it(?) I'm not a techie, so I followed a tutorial. I don't have it but if I found it on google, its out there-google what you need to learn- How to ???? and it will come up in results.

I just reinstalled froyo- having problems restoring- its slowing down and stalling adw EX- I loved my old set up. Hope froyo is worth another week of messing around. When I went to SOC to root- said waiting for tablet- and hung. ...I forgot to enable debugging..Now rooted. And I start again...... ;)

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
Rooted... idk what I did for windows to recognize the tablet but it did. w00t!

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
@ kev--Feel like doing a tutorial on how you expanded the area for apps on your internal card? I had much better luck with link2sd as far as moving apps. I deleted the 2nd (ext2)partition thinking I didn't need it anymore. It seems there are alot of apps that aren't movable with apps2sd and there are many apks to choose from now on moving apps instead of just the one apps2sd. I am using superbox- an all in one tool- free in market.

If anyone is having a good experience with apps2sd please post what you're using. Thanks!

@kev-just read your post and see you are using link2sd due to size restriction on the internal card with app2sd. So I guess i will redo the partition, and link to sd.

Last edited:

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
buzzman, here is what I am using http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-ideos-s7-development/5362-prj-apps2sd-discussion-13.html . I have been using the apps2sd with the partition instead of link2sd. This method worked very well for me on 2.1 and seems even better on 2.2 (so far). These are similar, but a different approach to basically accomplish this same thing. I did detailed instructions for the tablets with an internal and external SD card on post 129.

A couple of changes need to be made now with 2.2. They have renamed the partition locations so anywhere is has 179:18 it should now be 179:2. There is also a reference to this in the init-sd.sh file that needs to be edited to 179:2 as well for this to work. The good news is now it does not matter if you boot with a SD card inserted in the external drive or not.

I put a 1GB partition on this and with apps2sd support on 2.2 you will never run out of space. Basically what this does is instead of using the 160mb Huawei gave us internally for apps, this uses the partition that you make on the internal SD card to install all apps. However you can still use the 2.2 app2SD support and move those apps out of the partition that you make and on to the SD card in the other partition. Most people the 160MB with the standard app2sd will work. However I like apps, on my Droid X I have 212 apps now (the X also comes with 7+GB for app storage as well).

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I flashed Froyo and rooted without incident, but it occured to me I left the internal SD partitioned, so I just installed link2sd and it works without any changes. It cleaned up the partition for me, but I kind of wondered what the purpose of it is with 2.2 until I read in a previous post that not all apps support moving to sd natively in 2.2. In my experience I have been able to link everything I've wanted with link2sd so I think I will keep it.

Tom

blastradius14

Apr 23, 2011
with super one click, would i be able to overclock to 1190mhz as the custom rom running 2.1 was able to achieve? or is there a voltage setting that would need to be changed for stability?

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
i just notice it is quite easy to root it using adb.
i made a windows script to root it and found both eclair and froyo can be rooted using same "psneuter" methode.
on the other hand eclair and froyo can not be rooted using "RATC" methode.

Martian

Jan 28, 2011
Thanks! SOC worked perfect on my BB S7 104 flashed with 2.2.2. Though Microsoft Security Essential gave me tough time downloading it saying its a dangerous malware, had to overwrite it. App2SD (same as Kev mentioned above) worked perfect. @ Tom I tried Link2SD earlier but did not let me move many apps, also you cannot move data and catch. Correct me if I am wrong. No doubt simple and quick.