Root Help Needed [MID7033]

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 3' started by lllbob, Jan 16, 2013.

1. lllbob

lllbob Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    coby/kyros/7033-4
    Can anyone help me root this MID7033? Please.
    Android version:4.0.3, Kernel Version 3.0.8 vimicro, cpu ARMv 7 Processor rev 2 (v71)
    If you need any more tablet info please let me know.

I used the sticky page for the driver and root file. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ead-first-development-index-root-utility.html

* First problem: On reboot #2. Cannot start 'su': no such file or directory. Actually read: cannot stat.. r was missing.
    Fixed that by copying the files in the data folder and putting them in CobyADB folder.

* And now I get this horrible sounding problem: On reboot #2 Failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system.

Tried: putting CobyADB folder on main drive.c: and I am the administrator. Used vista home premium. and used xp pro. same errors.

Are you supposed to factory reset the device first? or am I missing something? what's my problem? Any help would be nice.
    And the other thread that had 7033 success, the file is no longer available. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-3-development/43624-root-mid7035.html
    Wish I could try that file..

AND I will be back. So you will not be wasting your time posting. Thanks for any help. It's driving me insane. lol
  2. Traveller1701

Traveller1701 Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros MID9742, Dell Streak 5
    It's sounding more and more like Coby changed the innards of the 7033 and 7035 so the root process in the tool no longer functions.
  3. lllbob

lllbob Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    coby/kyros/7033-4
    Yeah. They must have. Figures. dang read only. Any hope for a root for it soon?
    I found that other file.. it didn't root it either. although it did install the superuser app.. but still didn't root.
    Well, I'll keep checking back for any news.

Edit: Oh I see now.. the 7033 working root utility is called: A HAMMER! ahhahahaha! lololol
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013