Root help please...

sookieball

Mar 17, 2011
So I've searched and can't find squat

Tried gingerbreak 1.20 and bricked my s7.
Now I exchanged it
Still want to root.

Any other ideas on a safe and permanent root?

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

Jota

May 25, 2011
Gingerbreak works for me in all the froyo rom's I've tried.
But, in some rom's maybe you have to also install busybox and/or su from the market...

Also SOC will work. You can find instructions on this forum.

fractureZZ

Apr 30, 2011
your s7 may be on a 2.1 build if so try z4root then flash an update to 2.2.2, gingerbreak worked great for me

Flaco05

Aug 8, 2011
Can someone please help me root my s7-104? I am on stock 2.2.2 and want to keep that ROM, but would like root access to get Titanium, Button Savior, and other things to work. I tried superoneclick but it stops responding in the "waiting for device" stage. I also tried z4root but it force-closes. What are my other alternatives?

Thank you in advance.

Jota

May 25, 2011
Can someone please help me root my s7-104? I am on stock 2.2.2 and want to keep that ROM, but would like root access to get Titanium, Button Savior, and other things to work. I tried superoneclick but it stops responding in the "waiting for device" stage. I also tried z4root but it force-closes. What are my other alternatives?

Gingerbreak
(dont have any link, sorry)

And, there's no reason for SOC not working with your device...

Flaco05

Aug 8, 2011
I have spent several hours trying to root with SOC, but no luck. It fails at step 4. Error message is "startIndex cannot be larger than length of string." Using Windows XP (Windows 7 would not even recognize my device due to the Huawei drivers being unsigned). Very frustrating....

:-(

I guess I ought to try Gingerbreak.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I have spent several hours trying to root with SOC, but no luck. It fails at step 4. Error message is "startIndex cannot be larger than length of string." Using Windows XP (Windows 7 would not even recognize my device due to the Huawei drivers being unsigned). Very frustrating....:-(,I guess I ought to try Gingerbreak.
Install Hi Suite from Huawei and the drivers installed will work with the S7 and Win7.