Root Leader Impression

Nov 29, 2011
I have a leader Impression 7" tablet, Android 2.2 os (its froyo from my research?), flash 10.1, 4gb When I got this product i tried to do some research on their website, and read that it supported 3rd party apps, and that it was a 2.2 Os. So I went on android market to see if the apps I was interested in were available for the 2.2 and they were :) However now that I have it, the one site I would like to use androidmarket.com say I have an unsupported device. Sigh

i can use the slideme app , or the amazon to get apps. And they have some of the apps I want. But the ones that I wanted to use and based this purchase on are on androidmarket :(

I saw someone with a leader impression 10" root his tablet on you tube using superoneclick? So i had high hopes, but have had no sucess.

When I tried super one click It stops responding at the "waiting for device" prompt and locks up. I have tried to do the work around posted by the creator of superoneclick, such as messing with the debugging and not debugging option before the root takes place and it still freezes. However if I try to root in safe mode, it at least will give me an error saying that it needs to be run on an OS of 2.2 or higher, which I should have and then it just hangs...I don"t get the not responding freeze up, but yet it does not go past waiting for device.

I have tried in safe mode, with out antivirus bogging it, with and w/o the Wifi on the tablet and the work around suggested by the superoneclick creator etc.

I am running windows 7 64bit, if I remember right?

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, If it is not somthing that can be done on my device or what...but the information for rooting on the impression tablet is very slim pickings and I would like to try and get the apps I had intended to use, seams dumb that they basically blocked out the android market

SJ

tehpirate

Nov 27, 2011
superoneclick does work but towards the end where it hangs just unplug the usb and plug it back in fast
^from what I've read on another forum this works

z4root works on basically all android powered devices using the temporary root option, roots your device until you reboot. just rerun it every time you reboot right on the device it's self, just install it's apk (google is your friend)

I myself am looking for a way to update mine to 3.0-4.0 but it's kinda hard when there's no bootloader nor fastboot, only recovery mode which is what's used to update/restore and can only be accessed with root booter. I've tried just about every button combination I could think of at boot to access it with no avail.

EDIT: How to get a permanent root with z4root
Do a temp root first
un-root
Do a perm root (it'll reboot)
Now for me it wasn't rooted after the reboot but it may for some
When it rebooted I did another perm root and that worked

Last edited:

Armas83

Dec 8, 2011
What are the benifits of rooting the tablet??Sorry new to all this tablet talk. But i also tried the youtube video with superclick with no luck had the same results. I did manage to DL the blachmart where I found the Z4root. Now that I have the Z4root and did a temp root what new doors have I opened??? Any info helps as I can't find much info on this tablet.. Thank you

Lisa_M_Adler

Dec 11, 2011
Just run this installer. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
If you dont know how here is how
1) plug your tablet into the computer and then press the button on the screen of the tablet that refers to usb data or something. It's the only button to push LOL
it will then say some scary bus about you could harm your device or loose data and some stuff may not work while you are transfering data. You have to answer yes or nothing happens. Now you have to wait a sec and then windows will find the device and you can open windows explorer to get to it if windows doesn't pop up with autoplay question wanting to know what you want to do.
2) Explore the root of the device and drop the file from the above link to the device
3) safely remove the device from the pc connection
4) open file manager on the tablet and install the download. agree to terms ect.

oZo

Jan 8, 2011
Just run this installer. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
If you dont know how here is how
1) plug your tablet into the computer and then press the button on the screen of the tablet that refers to usb data or something. It's the only button to push LOL
it will then say some scary bus about you could harm your device or loose data and some stuff may not work while you are transfering data. You have to answer yes or nothing happens. Now you have to wait a sec and then windows will find the device and you can open windows explorer to get to it if windows doesn't pop up with autoplay question wanting to know what you want to do.
2) Explore the root of the device and drop the file from the above link to the device
3) safely remove the device from the pc connection
4) open file manager on the tablet and install the download. agree to terms ect.

Doesn't work. That apk crashes as soon as you try to launch it.

Lisa_M_Adler

Dec 11, 2011
Could you please tell me how you got into safe mode had this tablet a week and it stops booting half way and I cannot get it to do anything!!

oZo

Jan 8, 2011
Doesn't work. That apk crashes as soon as you try to launch it.

Does anyone have the right version of Market? Maybe one that lies to the server and says it's another "supported" device?

Oh, BTW, the latest Z4 rooted this easy as pie. If it actually needed rooting. lol.

Last edited:

webaddict

Feb 3, 2012
I found a way to install Android Market to my Impression i10-50. But still haven't found a way to upgrade to a later Android version. Please share if someone has some info :)

In short, to install Android Market, here's what I did (need to have a windows machine):
1. Install ADB driver on your computer so it recognizes your tablet -- usb_driver x86_x64.zip
2. Install Android Commander
3. Download SuperOneClick
4. Root your tablet with SuperOneClick
5. Download a few APKs and library files necessary for the market -- gapps-hdpi-20100817-Impression_10.zip
6. Copy those files to the /system/ folder in the tablet using Android Commander
7. Install those APKs using the Android Commander, in the following order:
- GoogleServicesFramework.apk
- OneTimeInitializer.apk
- SetupWizard.apk
- Talk.apk
- Vending.apk
- Gmail.apk
8. Restart tablet

Credit to [Q] Help with this new tablet, any hacks, roms, ? Impression 10 from leaders - xda-developers

Feb 18, 2012
Ahdroid market made easy for those of us that are new to this tec stuff 1 . Go to m.4.shared.com 2 . Type 3.0.27.apk choose download 3. install app. Your tablet will be identifyed on Android market. !!! Enjoy.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2012
I am trying to find a way to root my impression 7 tablet to change boot to one of the awsome anamations you can find. Hope it can be done. Has any one managed this yet?

xbguy714

May 5, 2012
To put the tablet into safe mode when you power on continuously press the menu button on the screen untill it boots up completely

juanky458

Mar 16, 2014
By chance, you know how I can start my tablet in recovery mode. I want to do this but when pressing the volume + tablet with power and started to reformat and do nothing ... just stays on the home screen and no longer goes from there.