Root my Android tablet

Discussion in 'Gingerbread' started by sanjayrnath, Feb 9, 2012.

1. sanjayrnath

sanjayrnath Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Y and Ubislate 7+
    My android tablet is not that popular ,so i cant find any link to root my device.
    Mine is Aakash 2 (ubilslate 7+) tablet
    Specs
    Android OS 2.3[​IMG]Cortex A8, 700 Mhz Processor with HD Video Co Processor[​IMG]256 MB RAM[​IMG]Storage: (Internal) 2GB Flash / (External) 2GB to 32GB Supported[​IMG]Peripherals: 2 Standard USB Ports (Ver. 2.0)[​IMG]Audio Out: 3.5mm jack[​IMG]Display and Resolution: 7" Display with 800x480 pixels[​IMG]Supported Document Formats: All Version Office Document formats and many more[​IMG]High Quality Video Streaming & HD Quality Video Playback[​IMG]Input Devices: Resistive Touch Screen[​IMG]Connectivity with GPRS & WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g[​IMG]Battery: Upto 180 minutes of battery, AC adaptor 200.240 volts

My main purpose is to take the whole NAND backup so that even if i play it deep , if something happens i can revert it back and also for other root advantages like custom ROM
    Please tell me how to ??
    Thanks

2. DanU

DanU Member

Tablet / Device:
    WITSA91
    Gingerbreak worked very well for me. Google it and you will find tons of links and procedures.

3. McBub.com

McBub.com Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Ainol NOVO 7 Paladin, NOVO 7 Elf, Samsung Galaxy SII, iPad 2
    Sanjay -

Because there are, literally, thousands of different models - it becomes a hunt for the one version of root software that will do the trick for your specific model.
    At the end of the day, you may find that none of them work at all but that should not discourage you from exploring your device and learning the information to help others that come behind you and follow in your footsteps.
    The most obvious software to try would be the exact one that DanU suggested.....Gingerbreak.
    You could also check into SuperOneClick, Z4Root, Easy Root, Universal Androot, and a few other ways that escape me at the moment.
    Any, all, or none of them could work.
    Please report back with what you discover for your device.
    The more information available for future owners when they search, the better!

4. jaydeep

jaydeep Member

Tablet / Device:
    Ubislate 7+
    @sanjayrnath
    I have pre booked a Ubislate 7+. They havent contacted me for payment options yet. What do you think is it worth buying? I am looking forward to buy positively.
    Any progress with rooting the device? And did u try to somehow install android market on the device?