Root my Android tablet

sanjayrnath

Feb 8, 2012
My android tablet is not that popular ,so i cant find any link to root my device.
Mine is Aakash 2 (ubilslate 7+) tablet
Specs
Android OS 2.3
dot.gif
Cortex A8, 700 Mhz Processor with HD Video Co Processor
dot.gif
256 MB RAM
dot.gif
Storage: (Internal) 2GB Flash / (External) 2GB to 32GB Supported
dot.gif
Peripherals: 2 Standard USB Ports (Ver. 2.0)
dot.gif
Audio Out: 3.5mm jack
dot.gif
Display and Resolution: 7" Display with 800x480 pixels
dot.gif
Supported Document Formats: All Version Office Document formats and many more
dot.gif
High Quality Video Streaming & HD Quality Video Playback
dot.gif
Input Devices: Resistive Touch Screen
dot.gif
Connectivity with GPRS & WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g
dot.gif
Battery: Upto 180 minutes of battery, AC adaptor 200.240 volts

My main purpose is to take the whole NAND backup so that even if i play it deep , if something happens i can revert it back and also for other root advantages like custom ROM
Please tell me how to ??
Thanks

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Gingerbreak worked very well for me. Google it and you will find tons of links and procedures.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Sanjay -

Because there are, literally, thousands of different models - it becomes a hunt for the one version of root software that will do the trick for your specific model.
At the end of the day, you may find that none of them work at all but that should not discourage you from exploring your device and learning the information to help others that come behind you and follow in your footsteps.
The most obvious software to try would be the exact one that DanU suggested.....Gingerbreak.
You could also check into SuperOneClick, Z4Root, Easy Root, Universal Androot, and a few other ways that escape me at the moment.
Any, all, or none of them could work.
Please report back with what you discover for your device.
The more information available for future owners when they search, the better!

jaydeep

Feb 16, 2012
@sanjayrnath
I have pre booked a Ubislate 7+. They havent contacted me for payment options yet. What do you think is it worth buying? I am looking forward to buy positively.
Any progress with rooting the device? And did u try to somehow install android market on the device?