Root problem

Mar 2, 2011
i recently rooted my nook color and went to the store and downloaded anry birds and played it. The next day i turned it on market was gone!but anry bird was still on it. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Mar 2, 2011
well i used auto nooter 2 and the BN version was 1.1, when i went tot extras, the market app disappeared however the other apps i downloaded remained.
IS that specific enough or what do you mean Rico?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Nope not specific enough but its a start. :) The more details you give, the better we all can help you with issues.

Well you need or needed to use autonooter 3.0 to root b&n 1.1 software, which could be the root of your problem.

-Did you start out on b&n software 1.1 or did you upgrade to it?
-So you are using the stock NC launcher? no launcher pro, Zeam, ADW?
-Did you check Nook Color Tools > Settings > Manage application: see if the Market app is still install?
-Any recently installed apps before this disappearance of your market icon?
-Have you rebooted since disappearance?

Mar 2, 2011
-Yes, i started out on 1.1
-I am using Launcher pro
-Yes it is not there
-No the newest one would be launcher pro
-Yes i have rebooted my NC

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Reason I asked about the launcher is b/c you mentioned you went to "extras" to see apps instead of the app draw for launcher pro.

Well if the market app is not installed, that would explain why the icon is missing. Not quite sure where it went or why it mysteriously uninstalled itself.

Double check to see if the app is truly gone: Nook Color Tools > Settings > Manage application: (filter all) see if the Market app is still installed

Here is new apk file to re-install the new market app: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-app-fix-lack-apps-showing-portrait-mode.html