Root !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
Some Good News regarding Root for Vizio Tablet

Thanks very much to Ch4lky (a developer on zergRush), I was able to root my Vizio tablet.

For those who would like to root, please see the instructions in the first post of this thread. This works for me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18805532

#### Use the V3 version of DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT ######

I am not the original developer. I just helped test it. Please thank the developer of zergRush who fixed this code on the Vizio. Post by Ch4lky here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=19396835

For those interested in the original source code of this exploit it is here.

Source code: https://github.com/revolutionary/zergRush

Binary: https://github.com/revolutionary/zergRush/downloads

edit 1: Attach photo of Root Check Basic.
edit 2: details added

Attachments

• $rootcheck.jpg
    $rootcheck.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 2,433
Last edited:

swynkoop

Nov 9, 2011
Would one of the tech experts on the forum explain the uses and advantages of rooting the Vizio Tablet. Is this like climbing Everest, or are there some useful things we can do from root? Years ago, I was a Unix systems admin, so I know basic concept, just not how it applies in this new Android universe. Thanks.

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
Some Good News regarding Root for Vizio Tablet

Thanks very much to Ch4lky (a developer on zergRush), I was able to root my Vizio tablet. The code is still being debugged and will be available when ready in the next day or so. I will update this post when the binaries are updated.

edit 1: Attach photo of Root Check Basic.

This is fantastic news! Eagerly awaiting more details. Thanks!!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Would one of the tech experts on the forum explain the uses and advantages of rooting the Vizio Tablet. Is this like climbing Everest, or are there some useful things we can do from root? Years ago, I was a Unix systems admin, so I know basic concept, just not how it applies in this new Android universe. Thanks.

Any system modification needs rooting, so one can change/add files to the system itself. That's why it's a security issue as well (if root is enabled, some malicious app may use it to do things that harm your data or the system itself).

Jtpboy

Sep 19, 2011
That is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May I donate to your favorite charity?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

SimplyQ

Nov 15, 2011
Awesome news! I was actually going to buy a different tablet because of Vizios lack of root (SD problem is the only reason I see a personal need for root) even though I really wanted this tablet because of the IR Blaster feature. I still have one small concern which I'm not 100% convinced I even care about lol. If I root my Vizio tablet would that prevent me from receiving the ICS update if it is even released for this tablet. With that being said what are the chances of even getting a Ice Cream Sandwich update? Thanks in advance.

shawnph

Nov 15, 2011
I'm eagerly waiting for this. I bought one of these Vizios and a 32gb card before realizing the limitiations. Root is needed to resolve this.

bengl

Aug 28, 2010
Super! Can't wait to see the details and apply it to my tablet. Which is a great tablet for the 189$ price.

LadyAngler

Nov 16, 2011
Sweet! Now I will love this tablet. :eek::cool:;)
I bought both the Vizio and the Fire tablets. Looks like the Fire is going back to Amazon. Although the Vizio is a little heavy. I really need a mic! Plus, the IR blaster is pretty cool!

Jind

Oct 9, 2011
Can't wait for the details. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated by the Vizio VTAB community. I'm sure once rooted, this will be one of the best values in tablets, given the features we like coupled with a way to address the problems we don't (fingers crossed).