Root !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

airiel626

Jan 7, 2012
okay i fell very dumb asking this but what does it mean to root your tablet? and also what does rooting do exactly? and one more dumb question (really sorry guys) when i sync music on it my music info except for my song names come up in like a weird language and it also comes up with weird symbols what is this?

andriod

Jan 9, 2012
First time on the fourms. I have a Vtab1008 and foolishly updated to 1.5...... is there a tool that will let me root the damn thing. I need sd card to hold apps.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
First time on the fourms. I have a Vtab1008 and foolishly updated to 1.5...... is there a tool that will let me root the damn thing. I need sd card to hold apps.

Not yet but we are hoping one comes soon

Automate

Nov 15, 2011
If you have .56 and have rooted, you can use Gemini App Manager (Free) to disable the firmware upgrade pop-ups. Turn on Expert Mode, select VIZIO Update Service and Block.

BarryD9545

Nov 24, 2011
Well, I just got the latest 2.0 update, which doesnbt include ad-hoc either... Anyone got root?

Sent from my VTAB1008

dun4cheap

Mar 14, 2012
well for the rooted cell phone try opengarden it setsup like a regular router allowing infastructure. if your not rooted try foxfi. both are free on the market.