rooted 7015 market stopped working please help!!

utxterra

Dec 17, 2011
turned it on the other day and noticed that the market is no longer working. It will start up but acts like no apps exist.
What is going on ?? I'm supposed to be giving this as a christmas present.

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
try going into manage application
swipe down to market, then clear cache, and clear data
reboot
sign into market again

utxterra

Dec 17, 2011
Someone told me to do a unistall updates and it took the market out of my installed applications. It's not even showing up on the list anymore. But the market is still on my main screen I can get into it and nothing. I don't even have the option of clearing the cache it's just gone. Do I somehow need to reinstall it ?

enidone

Apr 3, 2011
That version of the Market apparently won't work for those of us who are still on Android 2.1, according to the link.

Does anyone have a pointer to a version that will work on 2.1?

Also, can anyone shed any light on how an application simply disappears from the installed list? I opened Market and had several applications self-update this morning, apparently through Market, but if I do a search through Market, it doesn't find anything, and Market doesn't show up in the installed list. I haven't done any "uninstall updates" or "clear cache" types of activities in weeks.

(edited) I posted the problem I'm having to Google Android support. If I find out anything, I'll post back here. My issue is that Market search turns up nothing, and none of my installed applications is listed. Auto-updating works - although the same apps seem to be updating a lot lately, which is suspicious. Market IS in the installed list in Android System Information, BTW.

Last edited:

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
ok then re-install the market from the rom you guys had previously. if you upgrade to 2.3.3 you wont have any of those issues.