Rooted but no root access

frank_cheese

Apr 18, 2011
I have a zenithink zt 180, not sure which version, but it claims to be rooted ( i have un rooted and re rooted it a couple of times to make sure that's correct) and after rooting i could run root explorer, but still not mount the /etc/wireless folder as r/w - also titanium backup did not get root priviliges. I have tried updating the binary in superuser, but it fails and tells me to reboot into recovery mode and flash it from there; however when i try and reboot into recovery there was no recovery mode, so i installed rom manager and installed clockwork recovery mod, which says it is installed and up to date, but when i press the "reboot into recovery mode" option, it comes up with the box, i click yes, and then nothing happens. MAJORLY IRRITATING - i only wanted to get root access to that folder so i could edit the .dat file and change the tx rate of my wireless card from 100 to 20, to prevent it running at full power, and hence prevent it overheating and constantly dropping out on me, any help at all is appreciated - i have been unable to fix any of these problems, and they all relate back to the first? I also don't want to simply flash my tab enitrely as i've had it a while and it's all set up the way i like it - the only way to backup almost everything including settings that i've ever found was titanium backup...which requires root...so i'm rather grumpy at this point.

thanks in advance

Elliot

frank_cheese

Apr 18, 2011
Bump...i know i shouldnt but this problem renders my tablet useless!

Elliot

Sent from my zt180 using Android Tablet Forum

frank_cheese

Apr 18, 2011
another bump...and i just realised how ironic it is that i spent 15 minutes fighting with the tablet's wifi so i could post on the forum earlier...about my bad wifi ;)

frank_cheese

Apr 18, 2011
dude...will SOMEONE help me?! everyone else seems to have got great answer, answered in the masses...i've waited 4 days and got nothing?! please please please will someone help?!