Rooted Coby 7035-4 ... but struggling with installing Google Framework, help please?

noylekul

Nov 25, 2012
Can someone give me some help? I have been trying for 2 days to install Google Services Framework on my Son's Coby 7035-4, but I am having no luck at all. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Can someone point me to a thread with good instructions? I've read so many threads now, and I can't get it to work. I have rooted every Android phone I have owned, installed Custom Roms, Kernels, Etc., Rooted, Kerneled my Nexus 7... but this is the one giving me trouble?

I have tried Android Commander, not having any luck there, don't know if I'm doing it right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

darscute03

Nov 23, 2012
Here download the compiled zip of google app just pick for the correct os for your tablet ex.gingerbread or ics. But first you should have clockwork mod for that to work but since your rooted i think you are. Just go to recovery mode then install zip from sd card. Always create dump file before doing anything for backup.

Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps

noylekul

Nov 25, 2012
I didn't think CWM was available for 703x tablets? Something about there not being a recovery image on the tablet.

noylekul

Nov 25, 2012
I tried copying with Root Explorer like a lot of threads said to. But I keep getting a read-only message whenever I try to copy to system\apps...

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If you're not getting r/w access on /system, then you may not be rooted. Check Root Explorer's settings and see if there is a toggle to enable root.

None of the base Google apps files are installed. They are simply copied to /system/app.

darscute03

Nov 23, 2012
I see if you were able to install root explorer then there is a option on root explorer to change the read only to read and write permission.

darscute03

Nov 23, 2012
You wont be able to install root explorer when your not rooted when you open the root explorer for the first time youll see superuser asking for permission did you press grant or deny?

noylekul

Nov 25, 2012
I have root, it says Root Explorer was granted superuser permissions when I open it up.

noylekul

Nov 25, 2012
Ok, fixed r/w access, forgot to mount as r/w.

The problem now is that google play just shut downs and won't run, so google framework still is not working. Google Framework will not install, so I have to copy it to the appropriate file right? Where would that be?

Mrdaviso

Mar 29, 2011
Ok, fixed r/w access, forgot to mount as r/w.

The problem now is that google play just shut downs and won't run, so google framework still is not working. Google Framework will not install, so I have to copy it to the appropriate file right? Where would that be?

Try deleting files in data/dalvik-cache and then reboot. I had the same issue on 7033. I also found a factory reset and even deleted play, rebooted, copied play back over rebooted, wiped all data with titanium for maps, gmail, talk, play and rebooted somehow something in that barrage of crap it loaded play. The problem was that it wouldn't create a google account in the account and sync settings, once the play store worked it shows the google account in account and sync settings. Not a perfect science yet as I just got it today and will tinker a little more.

Sent from my HTC GLACIER using Xparent Blue
My Race Videos

noylekul

Nov 25, 2012
Did all that finally got it to open. Problem now is it is saying server error and won't connect.

noylekul

Nov 25, 2012
I get this now whenever I add a google account...
[h=1]Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped[/h]

Mrdaviso

Mar 29, 2011
I get this now whenever I add a google account...
[h=1]Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped[/h]

Try creating a email account (stock email client) in account sync and settings for the same gmail account your using. I forgot to mention I had done that too. Maybe try the data wipe for the gapps again also afterwards. ALL The Google appsare functioning for me flawlessly now :)

Sent from my HTC GLACIER using Xparent Blue
My Race Videos

noylekul

Nov 25, 2012
Ok, so there needs to be an email account set up on the stock email client? It has the option to sign into a google account now that I did all this stuff, but if I sign in with a gmail account under the stock client it should work?

I will give it a try and see what happens.