Rooted MID7015 Marketplace not working

didema

Jan 16, 2011
I've rooted my COBY MID7015. I had it working fairly well. On the weekend I installed autostarts to try "kill" some of the tasks that were using up the battery. Dangerous... After rebooting the touch screen failed to work. After trying for a while, I decided to recover the machine back to the way it was just after I rooted it. Everything seemed fine and after setup, I tried the Marketplace to redownload my apps. Started getting com.google.process.gapps stopped unexpectedly messages and the downloading is stuck. I noticed Google Talk and other apps were no longer working. I've cleared caches, stopped processes and done all the other things the threads indicate to no avail. I've used clockworkmod recovery to clear caches, reinstall google, etc. I've done a factory reset. Any other suggestions? Is there a way to bring it back to the original... Thanks, any help would be appreciated...

didema

Jan 16, 2011
Its now working again... After dumping and looking through logfiles using adb I discovered that I was getting an error Can't open dex cache '/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex': No such file or directory I/dalvikvm( 1244): Unable to open or create cache for /system/app/gtalksevice.apk... I reset the permissions on the directory /data/dalvik-cache and it started working.