Rooted - MID7127 - APPS - Device Not Compatible ?

Trac

Dec 23, 2011
I have the 7127 rooted with BusyBox Installer and LCD Resolution. I dropped the resolution down to 160 per The_Kwa's video instructions for the Android Market v3.1.3, but still have a high percentage of Apps that are not compatible with the Kyros.
The App I'm particularly interested in is Olive Tree Bible Reader-free.
Is there anything else that should be changed/tweeked to get this and many other Apps to work with the 7127?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All tab, look for Market and use "Clear data", then open Market again. If it doesn't work, while keeping 160dpi, do the same for Market and GoogleServicesFramework, reboot still using 160dpi and open Market.

Trac

Dec 23, 2011
Ah, completely spaced clear data for market. Thanks also, lfom for tip to clear both. I'll try this late tonight after work.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Trac

Dec 23, 2011
Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All tab, look for Market and use "Clear data", then open Market again. If it doesn't work, while keeping 160dpi, do the same for Market and GoogleServicesFramework, reboot still using 160dpi and open Market.

Thanks lfom, that fixed it.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

Jason2783

Jan 30, 2012
I'm hesitant to push "clear all" because I'm not aware of how this function will affect the compatible apps I've already installed. I was trying to install MINT (personal finance) and ran in to this compatibility issue. I wasn't even able to download/install the app from Market. Can you tell me where to find the resolution (dpi) settings on the Kyros? Thanks.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Not "clear all", but "clear data" for Market app only, found in the All tab of Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications. This must be done after LCD density is set to 160 (tablet will reboot when you do).

In order to change LCD density you need an utility from Market or other app source, and for it to work tablet must have root enabled.