Rooted Nook but wifi not working

drmazey

Oct 6, 2012
I followed the instructions from the following URL: [NC][1.4.1][1.4.2][1.4.3] ManualNooter 5.08.20 - xda-developers

I used a 16GB SD card to image the ClockWorkMod and also put the following on the SD Card:

manualnooter-5.08.20.apps2sd.zip
Stock kernel

I was able to get rooted and restarted and launch the Zeam Launcher. When I click market and enter my email/password it fails looking for wifi. When I go to enable wifi, all I see

Wi-Fi
Error

OFF

When I try and turn on nothing happens. Not sure what may have went wrong here unless I installed the wrong kernel for apps2SD support. I either had a choice between Stock Kernel or Dalingrin.

Also, being that I rooted this, it there a way back from it, or is it now what it is?

ke1g

Dec 18, 2012
I'd like to say me too. I started with a fairly old (had been running BN 1.1.0) NC that had been updated to 1.4.3. I used the 1g 3.2.0.1 clockwork from eyeballer, the 5.08.20 apps2sd block_updates manualnooter, and the Apps2sd_Kernel_Stock_1.4.3. I'm guessing that my hardware is old enough that the newer kernels have some issue with its WiFi, but that's just a wild guess. I will add that my cyanogenmod 7.10, run from the sd card, has no trouble using the WiFi, so I'm pretty sure that the hardware has not become broken.

What I'd like to try next is re-flashing the B&N 1.4.3 kernel, assuming that I can find it somewhere. Does anyone have advice on that?

If I manage to do that, I'll report again here as to whether it fixed WiFi, possibly narrowing the potential causes.

Update:

I went with the 8 failed reboots to reflash to stock, upgrade to 1.4.3, re-root with the block updates but no app2sd (nor apps2sd kernel), and WiFi works fine on the device. So I think that confirms that the apps2sd kernel has issues with WiFi, at least on my vintage of device.

Last edited:

jmblouin

Oct 28, 2012
I fixed it by flashing the Dalingrin OC kernel . Just add it to the sd card locate it and flash it. I know this post has some age on it but I figured I would let anyone else that had this problem know how to fix it (Well it worked for me at least and no promises it will work for you).

Last edited:

Binaryman

Apr 11, 2013
I fixed it by flashing the Dalingrin OC kernel . Just add it to the sd card locate it and flash it. I know this post has some age on it but I figured I would let anyone else that had this problem know how to fix it (Well it worked for me at least and no promises it will work for you).

Thanks ALOT for the post. I just rooted mine exactly like the first post in this thread and i am having the EXACT same problem. I will be trying these solutions. Hope it works.

junonhera

May 13, 2013
This worked like a charm! Thank you, thank you, thank you!