Rooted Nook Color alternative keyboards

Discussion in 'Nook Color Apps and Games' started by dom, Jan 24, 2011.

1. dom

dom Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color rooted
    Has anyone been successful in getting gingerbread keyboard (or any other keyboard) to work on a rooted NOOK COLOR.
    I've used Absolute System Root Tools (i was not able to purchase the UK Root Explorer). It allowed me to view and change properties, which i did according to another post. I rebooted but when I choose 'gingerbread keyboard' no keyboard at all pops up.
    Maybe i am wasting time trying if it is not possible.
    Thanks again for any insights
    Dom

2. chad7472

chad7472 Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOKcolor
    I am in the same boat as you. I was hoping to install a Slider/SWYPE keyboard to make my QuickOffice documents go faster but have had no luck whatsoever. Anyone who has had some luck would be a savior.

Thanks,

Chad

3. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Here is the fix to the Gingerbread keyboard http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ead-keyboard-rooted-nc-b-n-versions-only.html. Actaully what I did was find the download of the apk and clicked to download from Dolphin browser on the nook. It then said I already had a copy and asked me if I wanted to run or replace. I chose run and that solved the problem without having to navigate to the file with a file application.

Other keyboards have had varying degrees of success for installation.

4. chad7472

chad7472 Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOKcolor
    I followed these instructions from another thread (see instructions in quote below), and it worked for me. Some instructions tell you that you have to install ADB (NookColor Replace the Default Keyboard - nookDevs), but that (for me) was unnecessary. Here's what worked. I now have the Gingerbread Keyboard, Better Keyboard, and most importantly - Slide IT Keyboard (makes creating all those QuickOffice documents so much faster on my NC) all working perfectly.

I hope this helps if you haven't come across those instructions yet.

Thanks,

Chad

• Like Like x 2