Rooted nook going crazy

Bravo

Mar 12, 2011
Sorry I'm a total noob and that was the biggest reason I picked the nook the rooting process seemed so easy. I used the autonooter proccess to root my nook and everything worked like advertised. However after a few days my nook is acting up. For a lack of better terminology it seems possessed :). It works fine for a few minutes then seems stuck on something. Like if you click in a link on a web page it just keeps clicking the link. Or if your typing and hit I it keeps hitting I so iiiiiiiiiiiii. If you hit the n to go to home screen the right side of the screen has a black stripe and three rectangles in a triangle formation flash.

After a reboot or two it goes away only to rear it's ugly head after a while.

I'm thinking I need to go back to the original rom and root again but I was hoping there was an easy fix.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Sounds like something corrupted. I would restore to stock and reroot.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
What was last app(s) installed?

Sent from my Nook Color using the Androidtablets.net forum app

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Your Nook is cursed :p

Better restore it to factory and re-root.

Bravo

Mar 12, 2011
Ok thanks guys I restored to out of box upgraded to 1.1 then rooted again. Still having the problem but not as often. I had kind of thought it was app related the first time because it seemed to start up after dl a bunch of apps. This time around I have only dl a few apps to see. All I have dl is a file manager, k9 mail and Dolphin HD browser. Any idea if any of these could be an issue?
Other than that could it be a hardware issue?

Thanks!

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
I don't think it's a hardware issue.

I believe you updated to 1.1 official and then used Auto Nooter 3 right ?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Start with the most obvious thing: How are you cleaning the screen? When I don't clean mine for a couple days, it starts to lose accuracy and can make some weird "clicks" around the screen. Like, for example, I hold down backspace in the typing window and it starts hitting random letters instead of going back. I turn it off, grab an alcohol prep, wipe it down and scrub any little spots off, then it usually works perfectly again. The NC has an extremely sensitive screen, and even stuff you can't see can mess with it.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I second RaVenJ's post as I have had this very thing happen when my screen got dirty after showing my NC off to a bunch of guys at a pub. After a good cleaning with Windex on a cotton cloth everything was back to normal and has never done it again.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I have had my NC respond to something I didn't even 'touch' yet. I was going to tap it and about 1/4" inch from the screen it went. Overly sensitive is an understatement at times.

Bravo

Mar 12, 2011
Yes I updated to 1.1 then used autonooter 3. I'll try cleaning the screen regularly see if that helps. It's not just the typing by itself After it starts doing that when I press the home "n" button the home screen has the three rectangles in a pyramid formation (meaning one on top and two below) that flash. If I try touching another app or something the touch does not work. Even when I hold down the power button touching the power off does not work. I have to hold the power button until it shuts off.

Like I said it's not happening as often with the re-root but still happens every once in a while. Before the re-root it would only stop after being off for a while. Now it seems to stop after one power down.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Your Nook's behavior sounds very weird. Personally I think I would wipe everyting and start 100% clean from scratch.

treverj

Jul 28, 2011
I have a new nook color as well and recently rooted it with Cyanogen Mod 7. The rooting went fine and worked for a week or so before I started having issues. Now my nook will not turn on. When I plug it in it will go through the booting up process and make it to my home screen for 2 seconds before turning right back off and starting the booting process all over again. I have no time to use the tablet to make any alterations in any way. How can I get back to using this thing?!