Rooted NT vs. Rooted NC

melrowgo

Sep 22, 2010
A thought occurred to me as I watching in awe the lightning-fast progress being made in rooting the NT: what are the significant differences between a rooted NT and a rooted NC? Specifics are much appreciated.

TIA, melrowgo

discothan

Feb 16, 2011
I think they are too busy rooting...and trying to get the bootloader unlocked. Check on XDA for your query.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi melrowgo, there are no significant differences between a rooted Nook Tablet and a rooted Nook Color. Both allow root access to the underlying Android which means they can both be customized and allow access to apps outside of the B&N market.

At the moment the NC has an auto/manual-nooter script which allows some useful tools to be installed on the NC as part of the rooting process as well as having custom kernels and ROMs available. You can also install these app tools on the NT manually once rooted it just doesn't automatically happen as part of the rooting process (for the moment at least) and the kernels and ROMs will have to be developed.

The real difference between the two devices is hardware. The NT is much faster and includes a mic which the NC is lacking. As far as what you can do with a rooted NC and a rooted NT it will eventually be the same as more work is done by the devs for the NT.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Hi melrowgo, there are no significant differences between a rooted Nook Tablet and a rooted Nook Color. Both allow root access to the underlying Android which means they can both be customized and allow access to apps outside of the B&N market.

At the moment the NC has an auto/manual-nooter script which allows some useful tools to be installed on the NC as part of the rooting process as well as having custom kernels and ROMs available. You can also install these app tools on the NT manually once rooted it just doesn't automatically happen as part of the rooting process (for the moment at least) and the kernels and ROMs will have to be developed.

The real difference between the two devices is hardware. The NT is much faster and includes a mic which the NC is lacking. As far as what you can do with a rooted NC and a rooted NT it will eventually be the same as more work is done by the devs for the NT.

With a mike you can sign up for google voice to get a phone number then download GrooveIP and now you can make free phone calls...at least in theory since i do that on my galaxy tab wifi

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
With a mike you can sign up for google voice to get a phone number then download GrooveIP and now you can make free phone calls...at least in theory since i do that on my galaxy tab wifi

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Mmmmm really....that sound interestingAnima.....is anybody willing to try?
gg

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum