Rooted transformer clocked to 1.54 can apps be moved to the SD Card or are we SCREWED

megjdm

Jul 18, 2011
I have tried apps2sd but i think this was a design flaw by Asus...If i cannot move apps to sd card i will unload the tablet.on Ebay..and what a damm shame with my root work...i am a developer my tablet can max at 1.64 and run as smooth as synthetic oil on any task i through at it.

But if i am held hostage to store internaly any app i download im selling this prison issue device.
Now what i dont know if this is inherent to Honeycomb...if thats the case they need to fix that ASAP in a major ota update....

I mean really what sense does it make to force you to suck up internal space for apps...unless its some twisted method to force the buyer to have to buy the 32gb version because of sick greed.

If anyone can shed some light on this i would be very greatfull..is this Honeycomb flaw or what the hell is the problem:

Last edited:

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I have tried apps2sd but i think this was a design flaw by Asus...If i cannot move apps to sd card i will unload the tablet.on Ebay..and what a damm shame with my root work...i am a developer my tablet can max at 1.64 and run as smooth as synthetic oil on any task i through at it.

But if i am held hostage to store internaly any app i download im selling this prison issue device.
Now what i dont know if this is inherent to Honeycomb...if thats the case they need to fix that ASAP in a major ota update....

I mean really what sense does it make to force you to suck up internal space for apps...unless its some twisted method to force the buyer to have to buy the 32gb version because of sick greed.

If anyone can shed some light on this i would be very greatfull..is this Honeycomb flaw or what the hell is the problem:

At this point I believe that no honeycomb tablet can access the external SD card to place apps (I think it is coming in a future HC update - 3.2 perhaps?). The external SD card can only be accessed for content (multimedia, docs, etc.). But with HC tabs showing up with typically 16GB or 32GB of internal memory which looks to the HC OS just liken an external SD card for apps to SD purposes, not sure why that's a problem. 16GB should provide plenty of app storage at least for the near term until an update comes along (and even then, I'm not sure why I'd bother using, perhaps slower, external SD memory). At least you are not limited to system memory.

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
I agree with vferrari. I do not think you will have to worry about being constrained with apps with a 16GB tablet. I like the fact that there is no internal memory and that it just installs the apps and you are good to go. I barely have isntalled a lot of apps on my tablet at this point so I could not imagine having that many apps that would require 16Gb of space let alone 32GB with the tablet I have. Even if I some how came close it probably would just mean I need to go and clean out the apps since I do a lt of downloads just to see what something is and then leave it on the tablet or phone because I forgot to take it off.