Rooted VTAB1008 hangs at warning triangle on boot

m3doc

Dec 12, 2011
I was experimenting in Titanium Backup Pro with converting some system services to apps so I could move them to the SD card because I was running out of internal storage. I must have messed with a system app that was essential to rebooting the device. Now when I reboot it hangs up on the green triangle with the ! mark. I can press the home button and it displays the various reboot options, but still can't get past the triangle of death. Have I bricked the tab or is there a workaround? I rooted the tab the first day I bought it and it hasn't had any issues until now. I've tried accessing it via a USB connection, but my Win 7 pc doesn't recognize it. Can somebody help a brother out?

m3doc

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
I was experimenting in Titanium Backup Pro with converting some system services to apps so I could move them to the SD card because I was running out of internal storage. I must have messed with a system app that was essential to rebooting the device. Now when I reboot it hangs up on the green triangle with the ! mark. I can press the home button and it displays the various reboot options, but still can't get past the triangle of death. Have I bricked the tab or is there a workaround? I rooted the tab the first day I bought it and it hasn't had any issues until now. I've tried accessing it via a USB connection, but my Win 7 pc doesn't recognize it. Can somebody help a brother out?

m3doc
there is a solution if you can still access the recovery but this solution will remove root ability you will not be able to root it .... I must say that before trying this can you access the adb via recovery ... if you cant ... check this post it will fix your tablet but will remove root ...... http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/vizio-tablets/29142-guide-fix-your-bricked-vizio-tablet.html

mui

Nov 28, 2011
I put my vtab in it's case backwards and it did the same time because it holds down the volume button during bootup. I waas so relieved when I took it out of the case and it booted right up!

m3doc

Dec 12, 2011
When I backed up everything from my tablet to my laptop did it also copy the system files needed to run the tab? If so can I copy those system files that now may be damaged do to my messing with them, to my SD card and reboot to the SD card? I always been under the impression that there are certain proprietary files that can't be copied or backed up (I hope I'm wrong). I really would like to try all other means before I do a data wipe/reset.

Thanks,

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
When I backed up everything from my tablet to my laptop did it also copy the system files needed to run the tab? If so can I copy those system files that now may be damaged do to my messing with them, to my SD card and reboot to the SD card? I always been under the impression that there are certain proprietary files that can't be copied or backed up (I hope I'm wrong). I really would like to try all other means before I do a data wipe/reset.

Thanks,

1-did you apply the fix of sd to swap sd card with internal to install app on it ... if you did that I dont recommend that you wipe or reset data ....
2- can you access the adb by any way ?
3- till now there is No way to boot from sdcard
4- yes you can copy the files but with adb access ...
5- did you install cwm recovery ? if you did you can make zip file and update the damage files

Last edited:

m3doc

Dec 12, 2011
No I can't access the adb. I've tried to copy various files from my laptop backup of the tab to my SD card, but when it still hangs. When I hit the home arrow it will show me the various recovery options but no system files. Is there a step or anything I'm missing on the options menu. I've tried to reboot normally, apply update from /sdcard, and apply update from /cache to no avail. Am I hosed?

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
No I can't access the adb. I've tried to copy various files from my laptop backup of the tab to my SD card, but when it still hangs. When I hit the home arrow it will show me the various recovery options but no system files. Is there a step or anything I'm missing on the options menu. I've tried to reboot normally, apply update from /sdcard, and apply update from /cache to no avail. Am I hosed?

vizio made the update.zip encrypted with a key we was able to get the system you can download it from this link update but this will remove root and you will not be able to root it again not yet ... with No adb access or cwm recovery .... you got one option to fix it ... is apply this update .. but you will not be able to root it ...

but before you download this and apply it ...

1- do you got cwm recovery ?
2- will you prefer the tablet working with out root ability or a bricked tablet rooted ?

it`s your choice ...