Rooted Zeki 7" TB782B FID:CF with the wrong Rom.

Sentai

Dec 2, 2012
So I went to flash my Tablet, and had the wrong rom file due to not reading it correctly. Once I did this the tablet booted to a solid white screen. I have questions and concerns.

I downloaded the correct ROM file to flash, but now I don't have a way to run an update. I tried to find programs to flash the tablet or put it in to recovery mode to flash from the SD card to no avail. It is said that this tablet has the recovery mode and I've read people unbricking their Zeki, but I haven't been able to.

Any help please? Money is a huge issue and so now this is $99 on sale and I don't know if my supervisor will let me return, its been past the 30 day return policy at Kmart (I work there and we sell them there).

Sentai

Dec 2, 2012
You could always buy a new Zeki and return the old one as the "New one"

Except I work there and they check serial numbers. I don't want to get fired for $99-140. My supervisor may exchange them for me anyways.

So anyone have legit suggestions?

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
I just contacted Zeki, talked to their tech person. He confirmed that it was a brick and issued me an RMA, I just have to pay for postage to return it (which turned out to be $7.08 with delivery confirmation). They said they would have a 1-day turnaround on sending me a new one.

I bought mine from Fingerhut. I did contact them. They took 3 days to answer, and said that they would mail me a return postage label and then it would take 7-10 days to process. I did have the option of a refund or replacement... but as I would rather have the tablet, and the sooner the better, I went to the post office and used the RMA.

Sentai

Dec 2, 2012
So I went to flash my Tablet, and had the wrong rom file due to not reading it correctly. Once I did this the tablet booted to a solid white screen. I have questions and concerns.

I downloaded the correct ROM file to flash, but now I don't have a way to run an update. I tried to find programs to flash the tablet or put it in to recovery mode to flash from the SD card to no avail. It is said that this tablet has the recovery mode and I've read people unbricking their Zeki, but I haven't been able to.

Any help please? Money is a huge issue and so now this is $99 on sale and I don't know if my supervisor will let me return, its been past the 30 day return policy at Kmart (I work there and we sell them there).

No one has any suggestion?

TaekwonBo

Nov 20, 2012
sorry your not getting the help you need. I would say have someone buy another for you and then exchange it. if you have to do it at another store go for it. sorry no one is helping out, but again I don't know how to help.

windfarmer

Dec 7, 2012
i used those very same instructions to fix my tablet when i tryed to upgrade my tablet to 4.0.4 using the non wipe rom and something happened and screwed up my tablet. i have a thread about that in this section. sorry i was not following this thread or perhaps i would have mentioned it to you in this thread.