Rooting after HC 3.1 update

danielg5

May 3, 2011
I am wondering if anyone has rooted their tablets successfully after the new HC 3.1 update. I used Gingebreak before the update with no problems, but I haven't seen anything on this since the update started coming out. There are just a few apps that I use that require the tab to be rooted, and i would like to get their functionality back. Thanks.

deedub

Jul 4, 2011
I have rooted my A500 since updating to 3.1. Gingerbreak will not work. I used Iconiaroot which I downloaded from the XDA Forum to my PC, then moved it to my A500 via Drop Box. It installed perfectly from Drop Box.

Once I had root I went to the Android Market and downloaded/installed Acer Recovery. It has Clockwork Recovery built into it. The first thing I did once CWR was installed was to create a recovery image of my fresh 3.1 install and that went perfectly.

Now I'm ready to move to custom ROMs :)

urdaddi

May 6, 2011
I installed that Acer Recovery, but being the noob I am I have no clue how to use it. When running, it gives an option of rebooting into recovery. Can you provide instructions as to how to use this?