Rooting And Development For MID 1045

kavenfradejas

Dec 28, 2012
A note for mid1045 users, don't use the boot to recovery on settings menu, or you will regret bricking your tablet like me.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk HD

kawboy76

Dec 27, 2012
Was this before or after installing CWM? I haven't tried it since installing CWM, but with stock recovery, I rebooted to recovery that way several times without a problem.

CoolZone

Apr 18, 2013
A note for mid1045 users, don't use the boot to recovery on settings menu, or you will regret bricking your tablet like me.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk HD

I have used exactly this and got no brick at all after installing CWM.

By the way, are there any customized ROMs that we could flash? I have seen that for 1042 they exist.

Last edited:

kawboy76

Dec 27, 2012
As far as ROMS, I've been playing with a couple of things, but honestly I have NO idea what I'm doing. Aside from starting with some fundamental but outdated programing knowledge and reading a few online "how-to's", I'm lost. So far I haven't been able to produce anything that's even flashable, but the plan is to keep trying. I'll let you know if I come up with anything. In the meantime, if anybody else with some knowledge about these things wants to either A)create a ROM or B)lead me/us towards what I/we should be working on, that would be awesome. At this point I've tinkered with Android Kitchen a small bit (trying to port the dump I created from the stock rooted 1045) and I've read up on some Porting and Building tutorials, but I really have no Idea where to start.

*** After many attempts I have finally gotten a rom to flash. It was a problem with a the updater-script. Still needs a few tweaks, then I'll post it.

Last edited:

kawboy76

Dec 27, 2012
Here it is. cln_mid1045_011.zip

It's a cleaned up mid1045 dump with getjar marketplace and the coby youtube viewer removed and google play store and the standard youtube apk added. I didn't add it to the rom, but I've also tested flashing gapps on top of it and it flashed just fine.

Thanks again Vamp for CWM. Couldn't have done it without that.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Upload your dump when you, it should help others who are wanting to add playstore.

kavenfradejas

Dec 28, 2012
Just an update, ive tried to get a fresh unrooted image of my tablet so that we could have an image of this tablet which is untouch and does have the play store bulit in. I have flashed vampero's CMW recovery for MID1045 so that I could make a backup. But after I have flash the recovery my tablet wont boot anymore. It's just stuck on Coby Logo. So I have to get it back to Coby for another warranty (lol this is my 4th to warranty this thing). I guest the new firmware is isn't compatible with Vampero's CMW.

lowell143

May 31, 2013
anyone know hot to get into recovery MID1045.. i tried many combination and still no luck...and its not detected by my pc as well..it only boot on the coby splash screen only... :(