Rooting and Development for MID1045

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 3' started by shunova64, Dec 6, 2012.

1. unasoto

unasoto Member

after your do root and install CW recovery, I believe that you can just boot to recovery and install zip from sdcard and select the 20120429 to install the google apps package

2. unasoto

unasoto Member

ssalavat posted this, and this is what I've been looking for :)
    if someone can make a cache.img and post it. I think I could make a zip that I could flash to repair my cache :)
    this should work I think :)

3. unasoto

unasoto Member

OK I think I might have made some progress I went to do something on my Ubuntu dual boot and had a billion updates in my package manager so I said get and went to make dinner came back ate dinner while it finished up (yeah 6 months since I last used it and longer since I updated) :( So just for ****s and giggles I put android into the search box and found abootimg - AC100 Wiki so I got it and ran my boot.img, Kawboy, and kavenfradejas boot.img through it and this is what I got. Note the ramdisk size difference and when I did abootimg -x boot.img to extract the img I got a file initrd.img that is 170kb and their initrd.img files are 179kb I think I got a bad boot.img I'm going to make a update.zip and try to fix it :)

4. vampirefo.

vampirefo. Senior Member Developer

Tablet / Device:
    Leagoo Lead 1 ZTE OPEN C, Coby 7065, Coby 8042, Coby 9740
    These are all the same boot.img just packing is slightly different, nothing here.

5. unasoto

unasoto Member

OK I have made some progress and I think figured out what is wrong with my tab, I have lost root. I booted into stock recovery to try a new boot.img update it verification failed and it aborted. then I used the temp CW recovery and tried to wipe dalvik cache and got the same errors I always got so I did a show log and got bunch more errors that I hadn't seen before. I then did a report errors and this is what I got in the recovery log full log here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzj3t6CnUni0OVN5UVBaN2MtajA/edit?usp=sharing so I need to reroot from a zip file now I know what I need to do just not how to do it yet, and knowing is half the battle ;)

this is the wipe dalvik cache note the read-only file system errors
    and this is the wipe data

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  6. unasoto

unasoto Member

Ok I think I have it, I took the code from cobyadb Root and Dump Utility for Windows and I'm converting it to a zip file that can be used to root/reroot your tablet from the SDcard :) thankyou traveller1701

this is the base code for rooting that I pulled from traveller's batch file
    This is what I turned it into could someone check this to make sure I got it right? I'm not sure if I got the run_program line correct, and should I use set_perm_recursive for the rest of the files in the folder?
    edit got an error, fixed
    script aborted: format() expects 4 args, got 3

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  7. unasoto

unasoto Member

ok tried again and in CW recovery log got

8. Poekie

Poekie Member

Tablet / Device:
    coby mid1045
    Hello, I tried to root but I got the message cannot dectect the device. It is asking for ADB driver. Where can I find ADB driver for coby kyros MID1045

9. unasoto

unasoto Member

10. unasoto

unasoto Member

OK I've been talking to several people on the techknow.me forums and they believe that I could make the image I need if I had a factory image or an image from a working mid1045. If someone with a 1045 could use Uberizer and extract an image for me and post it then I could get my tablet working again :) this image is also the first step needed to start making ROM's like Cyanogenmod :) with the things I've learned from all of this and some help from some people (looks at vampirefo, and traveller1701, and several helpful people from techknow ) and guides from CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Jelly Bean I might be able to port CM 9 and maybe even CM 10 :) well I can dream can't I ;) also this image could be used to port Ubuntu and Debian to our tabs :):) yeah now I'm really dreaming lol

Uberizer
    Uberizer

Youtube Guide
    [YOUTUBE] Uberoid Quick HowTo / Walkthrough by Twjordo

Suggested Procedure
    twjordo's mk802II - a10 - Uberizer suggested procedure

PS
    you need to be a registered user to get downloads from techknow.me

EDIT
    sorry the image I need is run uberizer select i A1x Firmware Menu then 3 Dump A1x Firmware to \rom_dumps
    after image is dumped you can just do o Open Uberizer directory

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  11. asukaragnaboy

asukaragnaboy Member

Tablet / Device:
    Kyros MID 1045
    How to get my mid 1045 to stock recovery? any help?

12. asukaragnaboy

asukaragnaboy Member

Tablet / Device:
    Kyros MID 1045
    Sir, kindly help me with this zip files? how can I use this? what would be my procedure? thanks in advance

13. asukaragnaboy

asukaragnaboy Member

Tablet / Device:
    Kyros MID 1045
    Up for this thread :(

14. asukaragnaboy

asukaragnaboy Member

Tablet / Device:
    Kyros MID 1045
    Up for this thread, hope someone could help me revive my MID 1045 :( it's stucked on android logo

15. thorius

thorius Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby MID1045
    Thanks for all your work on this device, Vampirefo. I have 2 new MID1045's and they're stuck at a blank screen after Coby logo. I started trying to install gapps following various sets of instructions. Forgive me... I'm a total no0b :( I have rooted many phones but these are my first two devices.

My current status is this: I've managed to flash your CW Recovery for the 1045. I then tried to flash the stock rom from kawboy76 but I'm still at the blank screen. I made sure to do factory reset on both before flashing. Both times, screen says update completed successfully, but nothing.

PLEASE help me. Is there a way out for me?? Promise I'll donate. Not a bribe.. just a token of thanks! Cheers. :)