Rooting and Development for MID1045

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 3' started by shunova64, Dec 6, 2012.

1. vampirefo.

vampirefo. Senior Member Developer

Tablet / Device:
    Leagoo Lead 1 ZTE OPEN C, Coby 7065, Coby 8042, Coby 9740
    You made no backup? Download the rom I uploaded do a factory reset then install the rom.

• Like Like x 2
  2. thorius

thorius Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby MID1045
    I kinda botched the job to begin with.. I just rooted and attempted to install Gapps, thought it would be a simple process. I followed the steps and set permissions etc. Then I started getting the "Setup Wizard Has Stopped" and "Google Services Framework Has Stopped" crash sequence and I could not load tablet home screen. In safe mode, I managed to get to the Google Account setup wizard but clicking the Android bot gave no results - it just triggered the errors again.

That's when I stumbled across this thread. I installed your Clockwork Recovery for 1045 and did a factory reset, then tried to install both yours and Kawboy76's stock roms. No joy :( It just loads the Coby logo and then a blank screen. Any other ideas? Any help is appreciated, friends!

3. vampirefo.

Tablet / Device:
    I uploaded two different stock 1045 roms, did you try both? Coby has about 3 or more different versions of the same tablet, that's why it's so important to make a backup before making any modifications to a tablet, so you can always go back to stock if something goes wrong.

Without a backup you are going to have to try different roms, even might have to make your own to get the tablets working, If I had the tablets it wouldn't be that hard to fix them, but to explain the process requires way to much time, and is way to involved. You need to get adb up and running, disassemble the boot.img to see what modules are being called, run logcat to what errors, use adb to see what modules are being loaded.

At this point try all available roms and dumps for 1045, you can also read up on abd, logcat and how to unpack and repack a boot.img, how to load and unload modules, black screen usually means modules or sensors not loading, those are determined by the boot.img, plus they must be compatible with the kernel being used.

• Like Like x 2
  4. thorius

thorius Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby MID1045
    Thanks so much for your response, Vampirefo. Yes, I tried both your roms on both the tablets, and a couple others from others too.

I have an idea.. can I ship these tablets to you and pay for your time to fix? I've already spent too much time on them :( Naturally, I'll cover shipping both ways. If this is possible, PM me and let me know how much. I can even ship them to a FedEx or UPS location in your area if you prefer. I know it's a weird request, but I need these things working. lol

Again, thanks!

5. vampirefo.

Tablet / Device:
    NO, I won't do that, You can send them back to Coby cost $15 each and Coby will replace them, as long as they are under the 1 year warranty.

IF you have adb setup pull the boot.img and upload it, I will look at it and let you know what modules it needs to load.

• Like Like x 2
  6. haroldmch

haroldmch Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros MID1045
    Greetings friends, first of all I apologize for my English, because I do not speak your language. Helped me with a translator. :(
    Is there any custom rom for MID1045?
    Thanks!

7. Kbtopdog

Kbtopdog Member

Tablet / Device:
    COBY 1045
    Hello guys noob here, I owned a coby 1045 for less than a year, december makes a year. and its now acting up. Cant open any of the factory apps or dloaded apps get an error not responding msg for everything. Tried system reset,erase,reboot, but seems unresponsive since some dloaded apps remain on screen like dolphin browser. Help what should I do or can I do. Can any of dumps or recoverys on this thread help me, is there a way to manually rid everything and start over from scratch i dont think its bricked since it turns on and I can get into safe mode. Can anyone tell me what to do step by step, Im even willing to root if it will help. Oh yeah btw shipping it back to coby is out of the question heard they sold the company and sending it to them under warranty is as good as throwing it away.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  8. Truhse

Truhse Junior Member

Hey guys and girls.... :)

After managing to backup the device in adb shell with the here provided dump-files, I finally made this thingy running again. A textfile with the steps how to do it, is here: adb shell dump restore.txt | adb shell dump restore.txt | by Truhse for Generic Device

Restoring this way will bring the touchscreen back again, even if you erased its partition in an accident with Livesuite. ;)

I uploaded a file which contains a nandroid-backup and an image for PhoenixUSB/PhoenixCard. Hope this will still help anyone wo was not succesfull until now.....

I did not managed to bring the internal memory back, so the nandroid-backup contains the link2sd-app. Any help for this problem is much appreciated.

Many thanks to Vampirefo for those helpfull files found here and there. All available thumbs up for you. ;)

Get my package here: coby_mid1045_nandroid_phoenix.zip | coby_mid1045_nandroid_phoenix.zip | by Truhse for Generic Device

CWM is included, also the stock recovery as a signed zip. Phoenix tools are inside too. It should contain everything needed.

Nice day(s)....

edit: I am connected to my router with full signal strenght, but loging into PlayStore-account gives me the "...no stable connection" error. Plus I can´t open any website. Browser-message says I´m not connected to the internet. Of course the www is available to every other device connected. Any ideas? o_O

edit2: Changing routers encryption from AES to TKIP solved my problem. WiFix.apk didn´t helped at all....TKIP did. ;)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015