Rooting and Google Marketplace using update to 7015A....step by step process

acm2011

Mar 22, 2011
Ok, so I finished rooting my tablet and first of all I have to say THANK YOU :) I tried three other methods that were out there before this one and this just worked beautifully and in about 30 minutes...

But now, whenever I try to download from the Android market it gets stuck on 'starting download'...I've not yet been able to get any further than that. Does anyone have a solution?

boddah4

Mar 15, 2011
I still cannot get the flash_image to be found! I unzipped the kyros_original_update on my SD card. I try to type in the info and it says that the flash_image cannot be found. When I look in systems -->bin--> I see a flash_image and a recovery.img. What am I doing wrong?

I am not a computer engineer, but I would think I could figure this out (I guess not.)

Any help would be appreciated.

moober

Mar 7, 2011
But now, whenever I try to download from the Android market it gets stuck on 'starting download'...I've not yet been able to get any further than that. Does anyone have a solution?

I had that problem when I uninstalled Google Talk Service (Talk.apk, gtalkservice.apk, TalkProvider.apk). Reinstalling them solved the download problem.

n9ots

Mar 1, 2011
I still cannot get the flash_image to be found! I unzipped the kyros_original_update on my SD card. I try to type in the info and it says that the flash_image cannot be found. When I look in systems -->bin--> I see a flash_image and a recovery.img. What am I doing wrong?

I am not a computer engineer, but I would think I could figure this out (I guess not.)

Any help would be appreciated.

The image should be left zipped.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

tulsamike

Jan 20, 2011
Ok, I have kyros rooted. I have the recovery imagine and the google market on the sd card. That is where i am stuck nothing i do from this point seems to work. Any idea?

Alpinist

Mar 20, 2011
Just wanted to say thanks to Jsharp21 for this guide. There are three rooting guides on this forum and this is the only one that will likely work with newer tablets or with the latest update as we don't have the 'flash_image" on the system without getting it from the old update.

I might recommend putting in the advice to back up your system with clockworkmod before installing the marketplace though.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
i actually have some new instructions somewhere that another user typed up that i need to re-read for editing purposes and then post. Ugh.. I am way too busy these days..

willowjade

Mar 25, 2011
I wasn't familiar with the Kyros 7015 so some of the simple comands threw my installation off...hope this helps others...got through the install of the emulator and the other parts ok. It was the typing of commands and the menu-sd install that was frustrating...

First, in most cases there are spaces between the comand groups you are typing in, e.g. there is space before /system/bin/flash_image in most of the comands and before the /sdcard/flash_image. This wasn't easy to tell in the instructions.

Second, when you are done typing the command line..e.g. cp /sdcard/flash_image etc.. and hit return, no information should appear, just the # sign on the next line should show up. If you get anything other than the # sign, there's a mistake -probably spacing

Last- a DOH moment for me. When you do the recovery reboot- don't use the silver button for anything. To actually make the last steps work...
Hold the tablet with the longer part facing you- silver button should be on the right hand side. The Menu button(long button on the side of the tablet) is now on the top right hand corner-along the side, follow these directions:

Push on the left side of the button to scroll down to the menu option you want
Push the right side of the button to select/execute

I kept pushing the silver button to try and select and could not get to the secondary menus to get to the SD card to install the application. If you push the right side of the menu button first, the tablet reboots and you start the comand thing all over. Once I used the correct sides of the long menu button, everything went quickly and installed perfectly. Instructions were good, just me not understanding the language parameters and functions.

MiaNoob

Mar 25, 2011
Hello Everyone.
My hubby came across the YouTube vid's by Phase3d, and purchased this tablet yesterday thinking that I would be able to follow the directions. This has been a very long process for me...and I nearly pulled my hair out...but thanks to all of you, I DID IT! This is a big deal for me...I know what a 'noob' I am, and I cannot wait until he comes home and I can hand it to him and say, 'Happy Birthday'!
Thank you!

mrblase

Mar 5, 2011
jrsharp21, l_n and everyone else who created this quide.

I rooted my 7015A, installed clockworkmod, backed up my system and applied the video update to correct the missing text in Angry Birds, which now displays correctly. 3 weeks of reading and trying to understand the language before I took the plunge but its been worth it. This Coby is a slick tablet that's pretty much replaced my notebook. I'm looking forward to l_n's totally debugged watery kyros ROM and I'll be trying that out as soon as he posts it. Again thanks for all the information sharing on this site.

NAFZMAR1

Mar 26, 2011
I followed the steps and when i got to press enter it said no flash_image on my root.does any one know how to correct that? Thanks