Rooting and Google Marketplace using update to 7015A....step by step process

trikkenut

Feb 19, 2011
Thank you so much jrsharp21 !

I ordered my Coby last week after viewing Phase3d's You Tube video. I received my tablet yesterday evening, but couldn't start playing with it. This morning I was going to try the Phase3d's video instructions, but decided to do a little more research before diving into something I know nothing about....rooting an android device. I was lucky enough to come across your post today after a couple hours reading on this forum and elsewhere on the net. Other than having the terminal emulator chash once, it all went pretty smooth. I can't wait to play some more tomorrow.

Last edited:

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
after hitting enter after the first part of step 16, it tells me no such directory found... did everything as instructed...HELP

Double check to make sure your recovery.img file is not in any folder on your sd card. That could be one cause of this error.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Double check to make sure your recovery.img file is not in any folder on your sd card. That could be one cause of this error.
100% make sure you copied it over the the sd card and not put it in any folder or created a folder to put it in..

If your using windows click open My computer, then External storage coby (or what ever you see for the SDcard ). Once this opens just right click on an empty spot and paste the file to the root of the SD card....The root of the SD card is the first thing you see when you open the SDcard...

jackrussell

Feb 19, 2011
Make sure you type it exactly with the spaces right. Your image file may be corrupt on your sd card. Try to download it again and copy it over.
could someone write it out with the space spelled out i'm not sure if i am getting the spaces right

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
16. Now type in the following code.

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
# reboot recovery
Ok if you typed in this the spaces are
# flash_image(spacehere)recovery(spacehere)/sdcard/recovery.img
the space in between the # and the word Flash is already provided for you so don't if you did put a space here...

VVV I'm Looking around to see what I find Jack

Last edited:

jackrussell

Feb 19, 2011
ok i got it to take it and reboot in clockwork recovery mode but it say
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
ok i got it to take it and reboot in clockwork recovery mode but it say
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
Ok so i was having so problems getting my back up to load... I loaded my first backup... In clockwork the screen that shows choose your zip fron sdcard, do you also see toggle signature verification... I reinstalled mine and it went thru.. I choose the toggle and it said enabled, i choose it again and it said disabled and i did it again to enable it... try this to see it works before you try to install the zip... If its enabled try Choose zip from sdcard and install

jackrussell

Feb 19, 2011
Ok so i was having so problems getting my back up to load... I loaded my first backup... In clockwork the screen that shows choose your zip fron sdcard, do you also see toggle signature verification... I reinstalled mine and it went thru.. I choose the toggle and it said enabled, i choose it again and it said disabled and i did it again to enable it... try this to see it works before you try to install the zip... If its enabled try Choose zip from sdcard and install
i have no idea what you are talking about toggle signature verification but maybe i am doing something wrong with the zip is it supposed to be extracted or not and which ones would have to be extracted

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
sorry... When you load clockworkmod you should do a back up so if anything goes wrong you can always revert to the backup, the tablet will be restored to the day you did your backup...This is what i was referring to.. Did you do a backup after installing CWM?

When you try to install the zip... In part 17 it says The tablet will now reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery mode. In ClockworkMod Recovery you will use the home button to move between selections. Push the menu button will make your selection.

now you will go thru the menu and sellect what # 18 says
18. Select "install zip from sdcard"

after 18 on the screen where 19 says 19. Select "choose zip from sdcard" On this same screen before you choose the zip if you scroll down you will see where it says to toggle signature verification... If you see this you can try to toogle it by using the menu botton and once you do this you should get a message at the bottom wich should say enabled or desabled... makesure its enabled then continue with step 19..

Last edited:

jackrussell

Feb 19, 2011
sorry... When you load clockworkmod you should do a back up so if anything goes wrong you can always revert backup the state the tablet was in on the day you did your backup...

Now when you try to install the zip... In part 17 it says The tablet will now reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery mode. In ClockworkMod Recovery you will use the home button to move between selections. Push the menu button will make your selection.

now you will go thru the menu and sellect what # 18 says
18. Select "install zip from sdcard"

after 18 on the screen where 19 says 19. Select "choose zip from sdcard" On this same screen before you choose the zip if you scroll down you will see where it says to toggle signature verification... If you see this you can try to toogle it by using the menu botton and once you do this you should get a message at the bottom wich should say enabled or desabled... makesure its enabled then continue with step 19..
it would not install from sd card

jackrussell

Feb 19, 2011
it won't do anything now I'm at a complete loss. if i would have known it was this much trouble i would have stayed away and waited and got a good tablet