Rooting and Google Marketplace using update to 7015A....step by step process

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You didn't copy flash_image to /sdcard. Redo that step. Or you could just try the watery kyros update.zip. it will do all this for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Andre747

Jan 17, 2011
Thank you, JrSharp21.
Your instructions were very clear and I was able to open up the world of 'google apps' without any trouble.
Peace,
Andre

InFamoUs

Dec 27, 2010
ok thanks for the help I will try that when I get home from school(im a senior in highschool) and will let you know

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
Goole voice > settings > sync and notifications FCs on me.
Anyone else?

Its a small price to pay though for this solid ROM.

davea

Feb 26, 2011
Ok, I am not new to computers and I almodt rooted my phone, but this is just not working on my 7015 device. Every time I attempt this, it will not reboot into recovery. Also, at the terminal emulator it says flash_image not found. I know its there because I saw it file manager.

I am ready to return it and get an Archos 70 or 101.

Anybody have any tips for me? Also, what is the benefit of clearing the "nand" memory?

InFamoUs

Dec 27, 2010
You didn't copy flash_image to /sdcard. Redo that step. Or you could just try the watery kyros update.zip. it will do all this for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ok so I tried to just use the watery kyros update.zip and this what I get every time
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying udate package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
Ok, I am not new to computers and I almodt rooted my phone, but this is just not working on my 7015 device. Every time I attempt this, it will not reboot into recovery. Also, at the terminal emulator it says flash_image not found. I know its there because I saw it file manager.

I am ready to return it and get an Archos 70 or 101.

Anybody have any tips for me? Also, what is the benefit of clearing the "nand" memory?

Do you see the flash_image on your sd card or in your system/bin?

davea

Feb 26, 2011
Ok, I got this to work and installed Google app marketplace. My cheapo Coby is now like my Droid phone and I didn't have to buy an Archos.

the toninator

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks for the step by step, easy to follow instructions. I did have a hitch on step 15 # chown root.shell /system/bin/flash_image - # chmod 0755 /system/bin/flash_image
When i typed in the # chown root.shell /system/bin/flash_image i received the message "cannot chmod 0755 /system/bin/flash_image path does not exist" (or something close to that.)
I used your write up along with 'ALTERNATE (NEWBIE-FRIENDLY) GUIDE FOR ROOTING AND GOOGLE MARKET INSTALL ON WINDOWS - NO SPECIAL DRIVERS OR ADB COMMANDS NEEDED'. both are well written and I made it through.

topaz47

Feb 27, 2011
This does not work for me. HELP

Type the following code (note: the #'s do not need to be entered by you. It will be given on each line).

# cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
# chown root.shell /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 0755 /system/bin/flash_image

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
What error are you getting? Double check to make sure you have all the correct spaces in there.

geneace

Feb 28, 2011
Successfully rooted kyros but having a couple of issues. Forgive me if this question has already been answered. I am having a problem loading widgets, every time I try I get this message "Sorry, the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". The other problem is when using the WeatherBug app it seems to think that My Location is Florida, South Africa? I live in TN. I can add my loation but it will not let me change it to My Location or delete the South Africa location. This messes with the radar. If any one can please help, I would appreciate it.