Rooting and Google Marketplace using update to 7015A....step by step process

TIFFG0428

Mar 13, 2011
i followed the steps completely and when it reboots in clockwork Mod Recovery i select install zip from sdcard and it keeps going back to the same menu i keep hitting select install zip from sdcard and its just going back to the same menu what do i do

moober

Mar 7, 2011
Hi guys,

I followed the procedure above and all is good until Step 17. When it reboots, it just stops at the "Coby" screen (never gets to "Android"). The only way to unfreeze it is to hit the Reset button on the back. The same thing happens if I try to enter by pushing down the Back and Power buttons at startup. I tried redownloading the recovery.img and running through step 16 again, but got the same result. The problem is that I can't even get into the standard recovery mode now. Can anyone help?

Phase3d

Dec 8, 2010
Hi guys,

I followed the procedure above and all is good until Step 17. When it reboots, it just stops at the "Coby" screen (never gets to "Android"). The only way to unfreeze it is to hit the Reset button on the back. The same thing happens if I try to enter by pushing down the Back and Power buttons at startup. I tried redownloading the recovery.img and running through step 16 again, but got the same result. The problem is that I can't even get into the standard recovery mode now. Can anyone help?

You might have to use the SDK to force recovery to come up.

moober

Mar 7, 2011
You might have to use the SDK to force recovery to come up.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.

I knew things were going too well to last when this happened. :(
I'm also thinking there may be a problem with the flash_image file I copied over.

patgnds

Jan 26, 2011
I have coped the recovery file to the sdcard and have copied it to the /system/bin.
the only way I can copy this is to change flash_image to recovery.img
# cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
cp: can't stat '/sdcard/flash_image': No such file or directory
to
cp /sdcard/recovery.img /system/bin/recovery.img
# chown root.shell /system/bin/recovery.img
# chmod 0755 /system/bin/recovery.img
I have check over and over and the recovery.img is there on both. I have used the file expert to check
this.

moober

Mar 7, 2011
Well, using the SDK did not solve the problem. Still got the freeze-up on reboot rather than going to clockworkmod recovery mode. Searched around and found another recovery.img on the XDA developers forum here: http://teamtelechips.naobsd.org/experimental/20101212/recovery.COBY7015.img.zip

Loading this image on my SD card and running through Step 16 worked! Was then able to add the Google Apps. Don't know why the other recovery.img didn't work. I downloaded it a few times on different computers, but had the same results. Might try the watery rom upgrade next. :D

hakha4

Mar 13, 2011
This worked for me the first time on my MID7015A. But in step #7, you don't have to reinstall Z4Root, just run it from your apps. Or just enable USB debugging before you start (Settings/Applications/Development). The final reboot method didn't work. I had to select Reboot from the list. WATCH YOUR SPACES. Might be a good idea to clear all data to make backup quicker (under Privacy).

So what apps should I get now? I got an app killer. What's the best Youtube viewer? Do any of them have volume control?

Hi!
New to this stuff,a little bit worried to mess up my Coby but with above excellent step by step instructions it worked without any trubble so thank's to all of You putting a lot of effort to us newbies

hakha4

Mar 13, 2011
Hi again
Just realized that I have 7015 version. Is there any advantages to upgrade to 7015A ? Can it be done after rooting and adding Google market place?? Any help appreciated
Regards Håkan

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You should read the thread I started about the update when it was first released. All the official updates wipe system and suggest erasing your data.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ken62310

Mar 16, 2011
Thanks alot.. I got my kyros rooted
I tried to play Angry Bird, but I found that some of the image is not showing.
how to fix it?

elecomm

Mar 18, 2011
The link provided in this thread to flash_image has been disabled.
Can someone please provide another source to get a copy of flash_image?
Pretty stuck unless can get a copy of this.
Thanks, bruce

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
My dropbox has had too much traffic, sorry. I'm trying to find a better solution.

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
I tried to upload the flash_image file using the attachment feature on the forum but that was a no go. It looks like the attachment function doesn't support that file type.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
If you zip the binary, you can attach it. I don't know if I trust 4shared... Plus you've already confirmed that some offices filter it.