Rooting archos 7 home tablet

tyler58

May 12, 2011
Could someone please tell me how to do this?

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Try using Z4root. Look it up using the tablet and you will find it.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The real question though is whether you have V1 or V2 Archos home 7. If you have Archos Home 7 V1, it comes with Cupcake (android 1.5) You have very limited capability
The V2 with Eclair (android 2.1) is usable. BUT, Archos is unique in how they go out of their way to make root either unnecessary, or almost impossible.This is true for each generation of Archos. I have Archos and love it, but find I seldom needed Root.
If you think root will give you access to glorious wonders, you will be disappointed. If you are trying to set up peer/ad Hoc WLAN tethering, it can be done.

May 18, 2011
The real question though is whether you have V1 or V2 Archos home 7. If you have Archos Home 7 V1, it comes with Cupcake (android 1.5) You have very limited capability
The V2 with Eclair (android 2.1) is usable. BUT, Archos is unique in how they go out of their way to make root either unnecessary, or almost impossible.This is true for each generation of Archos. I have Archos and love it, but find I seldom needed Root.
If you think root will give you access to glorious wonders, you will be disappointed. If you are trying to set up peer/ad Hoc WLAN tethering, it can be done.

I have V2 and I would like to install my own fonts. I tried Z4root and Unversal Androot to root the device and Fint changer to implement new fonts. But no success. Pleas help.

Hardryve

Mar 28, 2011
I have an archos 7 HT v2,which came with 2.1 and i upgraded to froyo 2.2 using Hvdwolfs custom rom Archos Fans Forum theres other roms you can check out also.As for changing fonts on the archos,you will need to be rooted(read/write).I use "Absolute System Root Tools"to change my boot animation and fonts.

Last edited: