Rooting Cube U9GT

derhao

Oct 13, 2011
The steps to rooting will be the same. The most important thing is to get the correct firmware for your device. This site should have it, but you'll have to fish.

www. 51cube.com/tools.asp? (remove extra space)

This site may have some answers http:// www.51cube.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=32628&highlight=u9gts

My daughter has one of these too, but I have not rooted it. I did, however, use the exact steps posted by "U9GT" above to root my U8GT and it worked flawlessly.

Hope this helps.
Thanks...I do it successfull...It run perfect...
My android is Cube U9GT_S
I root it as below:
1. Update firmware to 1.01: http://115.com/file/clti1864
2. After that, I run gingerbreak v1.2 to root this android: yijianRoothanhuaban_GingerBreak__mumayihanhua__V1.2_mumayi_68c79_(1).rar
*Notes: Version 1.01 update to Android 3.0 User Interface.
Thanks a lot!

limpysmalls

Nov 1, 2011
I am happily rooted now. Now we need some custom firmware for this. I have no clue how to do that but will be looking into if CM7 could be made to work on this. Any development in the Chinese forums for this tablet?

thenenea

Jul 2, 2012
Hi,

I am trying to modify the v1.01 firmware for U18gt using Wendall's tools and boot.img. Unfortunately after flashing the boot hangs. Cache, sd and dalvick are erased but then the android mascot with a question mark appears. Could someone please tell me what am I doing wrong? Original boot.img attached and I have used the v4 tp71 from Wendall. Thank you.

P.S.: For some reason I cannot upload here. Please see my original post on slatedroid for the file:

Writable /system for Rk29xx(T760/P71 et.) - SlateDroid.com - Page 5

Last edited:

mannyb93

Aug 5, 2012
Hi,
I recently bought the U9GT for my kids, but as much as it's a decent little unit for them to play splat ants and monkey math, I find the OS a bit irritating and hoped that I could update it. So far, reading these forums I've downloaded the latest firmware and attempted rooting it, but so far no good. It looks like the problem is with my PC as it is running windows 7 64bit. Does anyone know if I can do anything here or am I stuck?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers