Rooting for Flash?

exbrooklyn

Aug 22, 2012
Bought the TF300 about three months ago. Got the JB update a few days ago. Didn't think I would miss Flash but there are still a lot of sites that use it when embedding video and that's a drag - especially when the videos have to do with using the OS and other features! I have never rooted a device and wonder about where to find good step-by-step instructions for backing up the ROM and adding Flash to my tablet. Thanks!:D

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Bought the TF300 about three months ago. Got the JB update a few days ago. Didn't think I would miss Flash but there are still a lot of sites that use it when embedding video and that's a drag - especially when the videos have to do with using the OS and other features! I have never rooted a device and wonder about where to find good step-by-step instructions for backing up the ROM and adding Flash to my tablet. Thanks!:D

First, rooting is not required, sideloading works. However, if you had Flash installed before the upgrade to JB, it should still be there unless you uninstalled it. Maybe something else is going on. Have you tried a different browser?

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
AFAIK, Leeshor, ASUS warns you when you do the Jelly Bean update that both Flash Player and Wi-Fi Direct will cease to function once Jelly Bean is installed. That's what I've read, anyway - I haven't gotten the update on my TF300T yet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
AFAIK, Leeshor, ASUS warns you when you do the Jelly Bean update that both Flash Player and Wi-Fi Direct will cease to function once Jelly Bean is installed. That's what I've read, anyway - I haven't gotten the update on my TF300T yet.

I haven't seen anything about the WiFi direct, yet, but the Flash is working.

exbrooklyn

Aug 22, 2012
First, rooting is not required, sideloading works. However, if you had Flash installed before the upgrade to JB, it should still be there unless you uninstalled it. Maybe something else is going on. Have you tried a different browser?

Yes! Switching the browser from Chrome to the Android default did the trick! Thanks soooo much!!