Rooting Prestigio PMP5080B

Riske123

Nov 4, 2011
Does anyone know how to root Prestigio PMP5080B? I searched whole google, and there is nothing to find for this model? Can i use root method from some other device? Thanks in advance :)

Riske123

Nov 4, 2011
I know that about warranty, but i want to know how to root it because i need some functions... thanks anyway :)

zannyuk

Dec 23, 2011
Thx Gexking got 2 of these for my older kids and have been viewing that italian forum. Sadly google translate isnt making clear the flashing method. I'll figure it out :)

zannyuk

Dec 23, 2011
update, flashing was easy and im now running fintadroid 2.6. It does default to italian but language easily changed in settings.

wifi performance a lot better and best bit is it increases space for apps to 700 meg a lot better than the default 110 (ish)

DreadLifter

Dec 31, 2011
update, flashing was easy and im now running fintadroid 2.6. It does default to italian but language easily changed in settings.

wifi performance a lot better and best bit is it increases space for apps to 700 meg a lot better than the default 110 (ish)

Hey dude, i have been trying to figure out those italian forums with no luck.. Could you write me up a step-by-step instruction of what you did to root and then flash it?? Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

DreadLifter

Dec 31, 2011
Hey dude, i have been trying to figure out those italian forums with no luck.. Could you write me up a step-by-step instruction of what you did to root and then flash it?? Thanks in advance :)

Nvm, got it :)

I have a few questions though (@anyone). What ROMs can i install on it? Basically, what should i look for to see if a ROM is compatible? Also, How do I remove the '3G' from the new firmware i flashed (5080B has no 3g feature)?

zannyuk

Dec 23, 2011
Sorry for late reply.

Yes bluetooth and 3g enabled and will work if you plug a dongle in using a usb2miniusb adaptor.

You could remove phone.apk and telephoneyprovider.apk to remove phone functions but not done it as think battery life is great as it is.

As for the italian forum at least google translate helps to a point.

Last edited:

Doomofman

Mar 22, 2012
Am buying this tablet next week. I have a feeling I'm going to want to flash it with the Pistoneone 5.2 firmware (though am gonna try Prestigio's latest firmware first to see if it's worth using) can any of you guys give me a step by step as asked above? I kinda get the way it's described on the Italian forums but I'd like to read it from someone who speaks English and has done it successfully...

And for those that do have a custom rom on this tablet, is it worth switching from the manufacturers firmware?

Thanks,
E

Hrxixus

Sep 30, 2012
Well to be honest with new ICS 4.03 upgrade tablet is now best in his price class,3G working only with miniusb2usb dongle but must be OTG,and then external disk can be connected also,but i bought 32gb sd card so no need for that since that otg cable is hard to get.