Rooting Setup - Sharing Information With Google

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
After rooting the NC and finishing the process is there a way to go back and review/change the settings for sharing information with Google?

It is the fifth bullet point under step one of the follow up in the rooting process.

Select both boxes for "Use Google Location" and click Next (Send anonymous data to Google check box may be optional)

Read more: NookColor Rooting - nookDevs
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike

I would like to review my settings and enable if not already.

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
Here is more information Need to turn on locations (google maps/square) [Archive] - xda-developers. This discussion is a little over my head.

I guess the main issue is when I start Google maps it cannot determine my location through WiFi. This should be possible and I don't know why it isn't working. Was it something I selected during the Android/Google setup process or something else? Also, on my Droid Incredible I can access the Setup feature and change my selections regarding sharing information. I haven't seen a way to do that on the NC.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
You need to have adb access and be familiar with using it.

Quick how to:

remount rw so we can modify /system
Code:
adb shell
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
exit

copy over the two files from the zip:
Code:
adb push com.google.android.maps.xml /system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.maps.xml
adb push com.google.android.maps.jar /system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar

reboot the device
Code:
adb shell
reboot

This should be working, I've done very limited tests to confirm that it's accurate

location.zip
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service