Rooting the Sony Tablet S

gasia89

Oct 28, 2011
Hello my name is nick and I am new to the forums here. This is my first tablet, but definately not my first android device. I am a cellphone repair tech and am interested in rooting my super cool Sony Tablet S. (Which is amazing btw...) I understand from what I have read from the android 3.2 tech sheets that the only way to reroute the dns to another host is to gain superuser access. So my obvious first question is has anyone sucessfully rooted the tablet s on 3.2 and if not is there anyone working on it that would like some assistance?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

lbretth

Oct 29, 2011
Hi Nick.

There are some people on XDA Devs trying to root this bit of kit. The thread is here.

They've also started a pledge to encourage a dev to root this asap. Last I looked the pledge was up to $180.

Fingers crossed they figure it out soon.

Luke

gasia89

Oct 28, 2011
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I must have gotten a defective tablet as my power button stopped working... I will look into the developer thread.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

outdooralex

Dec 29, 2011
any news on the rooting? From what i understand, there is now a large sum out for the first developer who succeeds but none has come up with anything as of now...