[Rumor] ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Probably Coming End of April for $399

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Asus-Eee-Pad-Transformer-399-by-the-end-of-April.jpg

Previously, we shared industry intel that the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer will be coming soon for about $400 bucks. Industry sources have now made that price even more likely, and the device may come even sooner than expected. Supposedly, the 16 GB version of the Eee Pad Transformer, will come before the end of April and the $399 price is accurate. This will be really exciting if it turns out to be true. This would mean the tablet-wars have heated up even earlier this year than expected, and we can see some price drops throughout the market very soon.

To put it in perspective, current pricing on the two Android tablets in the market that are most like the Eee Pad Transformer are $500 bucks for the 16GB Wi-Fi Acer Iconia Tab, and $600 for the 32GB Motorola Xoom. Of course, as we have shared previously, the Transformer also has the option of the $150 keyboard dock with extra connections and battery, which makes it even more attractive in many ways. Things are looking pretty darn good in the tablet world.

For more discussions on the upcoming EEE Pad, be sure to visit the Asus EEE Pad Forum

Source: PhoneArena

Muzungu12

Apr 14, 2011
If I were to get a tablet it would be this one. I'm a student so a physical keyboard is important for notes etc. Plus it's ASUS, you can't really go wrong with ASUS

8IRon8Man3

Oct 19, 2010
The price is perfect for me. I can get a fast, name brand tablet, for $100 less than the cheapest iPad. Thank you asus, I shall open my wallet for you.

fbales

May 5, 2010
This tablet sure seems to be a winner. Excellent display, low price, Honeycomb, keyboard, what's not to like? I've been eagerly waiting to see the Toshiba tablet, but if they don't do something soon, they're gonna lose me. The Transformer is now at the top of my list. Toshiba is going to have to match their price for me to consider them now, and announce it's release date, soon.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
A very nice tablet, and a very nice price! If this thing had 3G... I probably would of waited and bought this instead of my Xoom.

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011
A very nice tablet, and a very nice price! If this thing had 3G... I probably would of waited and bought this instead of my Xoom.

I was wondering about the 3G and this thing as well just checked asus website that s a real bummer? Would it be possible to use my BB 3G and tether it over bluetooth through PDAnet to have data on the go or no? I guess it would come down to android 3.0 being able to accept internet through bluetooth right?

Thanks

hunter505

Jan 21, 2011
My wife has taken a real liking to my Viewsonic G-Tablet....maybe this will be mine and give her the g-tab!!

yoyodunno

Jan 5, 2011
I was wondering about the 3G and this thing as well just checked asus website that s a real bummer? Would it be possible to use my BB 3G and tether it over bluetooth through PDAnet to have data on the go or no? I guess it would come down to android 3.0 being able to accept internet through bluetooth right?

Thanks

I want to know about if honeycomb accepts bluetooth tethering too.

That would be great because then I could use my phone's 3G to tether the tablet to.