[Rumor] Google Developing New Search Tech that Will Know What You Want Before You Ask

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Nov 29, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

This news report sounds like something out of a sci-fi movie, but apparently, industry intel suggests that Google is trying to develop new search technology that can offer you up predictive search information before you even ask. According to a report over at MIT's Technology Review website, Google wants to be almost like an oracle of information and improve its search functionality to near mystical levels. Their intention is to develop search so that Google can offer up useful information contextually before the user even asks for it. They are using targeted surveys with mobile users to develop their criteria, and they eventually want the system to target users with information based upon their environment determined by GPS location and other factors. Here's a quote with some additional detail from Jon Wiley, the lead user experience designer for Google search.

What do you guys think? Is Google's technology getting too spooky for its own good, or do you like the direction in which everything is evolving?

Source: TechnologyReview
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Transformer TF700
    Ask me if I'm surprised! They already know to much.
  3. idontknow

idontknow Alternate ATF App Tester

Tablet / Device:
    galaxy note,galaxy 8.9 ,nook color
    I had enough already of keyboards that don't let me use the words I want because they are divining other words for me....I don't need google to do that too!
  4. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    I for one welcome our new oracle of information (great phrase btw) overlords! :D

JP
  5. weezyrider

weezyrider Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer A500
    It won't unless you want social junk. How's Google going to know whether I have an astronomy or geology question?

If it goes by your profile, there is no place you can list that you are not interested in local, entertainment, food, directions, etc. and I'm not. I don't have a profile for simply that reason.