[Rumor] HTC Volantis Tablet aka Nexus 9; Tegra K1 Chip, 8.9-Inch Display & Coming Q4

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
volantis-1.png

It looks like we have some solid new intel on Google's Nexus 9 tablet. According to a report from AndroidPolice, the previous rumors of an HTC made Nexus tablet are true. Their intel again reveals a tablet called the HTC Volantis (or internally called Flounder). Not only do we have a spec list for the upcoming device, but we also have a couple of marketing images and a Q4 release timeframe.

volantis-2.png

Check out the pics above, and continue reading here: [Rumor] HTC Volantis Tablet aka Nexus 9; Tegra K1 Chip, 8.9-Inch Display & Coming Q4

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Samsung has made a more compelling product with the Galaxy Tab S. The Tab S is only 32 bit, which is not an issue at the moment. However, it has a high resolution AMOLED screen, an SD card slot, and (for those who think the technology is worthwhile in a tablet) a fingerprint scanner. Unless Google surprises me and adds an SD card slot to this thing (which will get me to take a second look), I'm still saving up for a Tab S.