[Rumor] Samsung May Debut Galaxy Nexus 11 Tablet Later This Year

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Apr 30, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

There's a new rumor hitting the interwebs regarding the next generation Nexus Tablet from Samsung. Supposedly, Sammy is working on the Nexus 11, which will actually be an 11-Inch Premium style tablet. We've heard tidbits about this previously, but today we have a few more specs supposedly leaked. Here's the skinny,
    • 11-inch Super PLS TFT display
    • 8-megapixel rear camera & a 2-megapixel front-facing camera
    • A microSD slot
    • Samsung's Exynos 5 octa-core processor (this was rumored previously)
    • Most likely Android 5.0
    What is obviously new about this is the odd 11-inch display. If this intel is accurate, (and previous rumors are as well), we may be seeing three new Nexus style tablets this year. Earlier rumors suggested a new generation Nexus 10 and Nexus 7. Of course, if Samsung is doing a Nexus 11, it may instead replace the Nexus 10 in the lineup. What do you guys think of a tablet this size?

Source: CNET

2. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    11? Why? Oh yeah, because it's Samsung even if it's Nexus. All for the new full size Nexus tablet but staying at 10" would be fine. I still think it looks funny though. I'd like to see a redesign of those rounded edges or a way to make the bezel look better.

Maybe this at 10"

$htc-one-phone-hands-on-unboxing.jpg

Mmmmm, key lime pie :D

3. Adelamarc

Adelamarc Member

Tablet / Device:
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    I'm curious as to how Samsung is getting a microsd card approved for a nexus device. Hopefully this is indicative that Google has realized how much Android users love removable storage.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10

4. SEMIJim

SEMIJim Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Vizio VTAB1008, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I'm thinking smartphones are getting to be the size of small tablets and tablets are getting to be the size of small laptops. I think 11'' is too big. 10" strikes me as being the upper-end, size-wise, for a tablet.

Jim

5. Tom T

Tom T Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Hauwei S7
    I recently aquired a Samsung Ativ 500t, a win8 Atom based tablet with an 11.6"screen. The one positive thing about Samsung's questionable use of plastic is the devices light weight, it doesn't seem too heavy to use as a tablet. I actually prefer the larger screen for a number of reasons, the main being the use of a stylus. The Ativ incorporates a Wacom digitizer and aside from the vastly better software options (this is a full win8 device, not RT) the stylus experience is much better than with my Galaxy Note 10.1. Because the use of a stylus is so important to how I use a tablet it is hard for me to take this out of the equation and consider screen size without it. Plus I guess having full Office 365 influences my opinion as well, but I hear Office is coming to Android relatively soon (2014) so that should balance things out somewhat.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1