[Rumor] Samsung May Debut Galaxy Nexus 11 Tablet Later This Year

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
nexus_11_large-full-frontal-mockup.png
nexus_10_large-full-frontal.png

There's a new rumor hitting the interwebs regarding the next generation Nexus Tablet from Samsung. Supposedly, Sammy is working on the Nexus 11, which will actually be an 11-Inch Premium style tablet. We've heard tidbits about this previously, but today we have a few more specs supposedly leaked. Here's the skinny,
  • 11-inch Super PLS TFT display
  • 8-megapixel rear camera & a 2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • A microSD slot
  • Samsung's Exynos 5 octa-core processor (this was rumored previously)
  • Most likely Android 5.0
What is obviously new about this is the odd 11-inch display. If this intel is accurate, (and previous rumors are as well), we may be seeing three new Nexus style tablets this year. Earlier rumors suggested a new generation Nexus 10 and Nexus 7. Of course, if Samsung is doing a Nexus 11, it may instead replace the Nexus 10 in the lineup. What do you guys think of a tablet this size?

Source: CNET

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
11? Why? Oh yeah, because it's Samsung even if it's Nexus. All for the new full size Nexus tablet but staying at 10" would be fine. I still think it looks funny though. I'd like to see a redesign of those rounded edges or a way to make the bezel look better.

Maybe this at 10"

$htc-one-phone-hands-on-unboxing.jpg

Mmmmm, key lime pie :D

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
I'm curious as to how Samsung is getting a microsd card approved for a nexus device. Hopefully this is indicative that Google has realized how much Android users love removable storage.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I'm thinking smartphones are getting to be the size of small tablets and tablets are getting to be the size of small laptops. I think 11'' is too big. 10" strikes me as being the upper-end, size-wise, for a tablet.

Jim

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I recently aquired a Samsung Ativ 500t, a win8 Atom based tablet with an 11.6"screen. The one positive thing about Samsung's questionable use of plastic is the devices light weight, it doesn't seem too heavy to use as a tablet. I actually prefer the larger screen for a number of reasons, the main being the use of a stylus. The Ativ incorporates a Wacom digitizer and aside from the vastly better software options (this is a full win8 device, not RT) the stylus experience is much better than with my Galaxy Note 10.1. Because the use of a stylus is so important to how I use a tablet it is hard for me to take this out of the equation and consider screen size without it. Plus I guess having full Office 365 influences my opinion as well, but I hear Office is coming to Android relatively soon (2014) so that should balance things out somewhat.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1