Running different OS's on my tablet, alongside android OS.

mikeyb

Nov 25, 2012
First of all I'd like to say hello as this is my first venture into the forum. I have read a lot recently about being able to boot up OS's such as backtrack 5 or ubuntu on android devices. I was wondering if it would be possible to do it on the tablet that I am purchasing. It is unbranded but it is on4.1 jellybean OS. The tablet itself has 1.5 CPU, 1GB of ram and 8GB of internal storage. This is a link to it: A1CS 7" RAPID5® DUAL-CORE (2*1.4) TABLET - ANDROID 4.1 JELLY-BEAN - CAPACITIVE MULTI TOUCH SCREEN - SUPPORTS YOUTUBE, IPLAYER SITE: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories. I don't know if any of that will help you answer my question but I'd rather give too much then not enough. I was wondering if it was possible to run a different OS other then android on this device. I only ask because I can only find tablet specific information and next to nothing for this device. Chances are I'm being way to ambitious and this thing can't even be rooted, let alone anywhere close to opening a different OS on it. Even then, I doubt that the wifi card can be put in monitor mode but i don't know and I thought asking was the best solution. I hope you can help me and I extend my unending gratitude to all of those that can help me. Feel free to ask me any questions and thank you.

Last edited: