Running Honeycream Alpha 2.1 - have a little question

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
It is sweet! Will be installing all my apps to see what works and such. I am still new to all this android stuff....so here is my question. When a new updated ROM for Honeycream becomes avilable, do I do a complete wipe (nvflash back to 4349) Or just add the new rom to the root and do what I did for Alpha 2.1?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
In most cases.. IF you're flashing the same rom but an update.. then you don't really need to do a wipe... if you specificaly have to the deverloper will USUALLY direct you to so so in the directions.... you can always try it and see and if you have issues go back in to clockwork and do a wipe...

good habit is to backup of you curent rom incase you have an issue then you can restore back to the last known good rom you have... :)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
PLease be careful with version control. The latest version of HC is alpha 1.2. There is no 2.x yet.

Sent from my GTablet-HC using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Actually my bad. Thought people were referring to the bootloader versions. BL is 1.2, honeycream is now 2.2

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Versions 2.2 and higher (of the build) now use CWM to flash so updates are much easier.

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Just flashed to BOS_A22. I had to go back to 4349 first though. But now since added CMW 3.0.2.8 with A2.2, like pbrauer stated, I can mount in recovery. I am really liking BOS. Yes there are a few things not working yet (like mounting to PC, external SD) but it is really stable so far. No forced closed or hang ups. :)