S.O.S trying to get CWM

ttownlarry

Feb 28, 2011
Hi I have a NC currently running HC. I rooted it about 4 weeks ago. My problem is I need CWM flashed. Definitely at a loss here. I installed HC w/KV 2.6.29 omap1. HC works fine but ROM Manager keeps giving me and error. It says..." An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" I have dl Rom Manager from the market...from this thread.uninstalled...reinstalled..just is not working. I have an 8gb SD class 2 and 16gb class 2 microSD. Any help is greatly apprecaited because I would like to have CWm to install other ROMS. Also,....

I had a bootable CWM via WinImage(cwm128mb.img) How I ever got winimage to work in the first place is beyond me. It was a stuggle to get autonooter and than cwm(but I did). ...Anyways that 4gb microSD is broken. I tried using Winimage again to burn my orther Sandisk microSD's for cwm128mb.img too...but no luck. I have tried on Desktop and laptop. I have tried this 8gb microsd and 16gb that keep giving me an error as well. Yes i "run it as admin on Win 7 and both microSds are partitioned to FAT32. Love my HC nook but really would like to have other ROMS. Winimage just does not seem to want to burn my images to microsd. WTF??? Thanks so much.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
What brand are your cards?
I tried with 2 sandisk and they work fine.
Also redownload the image and check the MD5 that is the correct filesize.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
@OP

Welcome to the forum and it seems you are double posting your opening post in another thread, which is discouraged around here. Patience is a virtue and we are a great bunch here in the Nook section. If you sit tight, someone will be happy to answer your questions.

ttownlarry

Feb 28, 2011
@OP

Welcome to the forum and it seems you are double posting your opening post in another thread, which is discouraged around here. Patience is a virtue and we are a great bunch here in the Nook section. If you sit tight, someone will be happy to answer your questions.
..np..posted in the CWM thread orginally.. was not too sure if it would not get any attention so I created my own. Be happy to delete my posting in another thread.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
When you say running HC do you mean internally or from a card? Are you trying to use ROM Manager from inside HC? If you are using HC for everything that could be your problem. Not a lot of people using it and it definitly is not a daily driver so I would expect things like ROM manager to have issues from HC.

Not sure about image burining issues. Can you try another imager besides WinImage?

ttownlarry

Feb 28, 2011
When you say running HC do you mean internally or from a card? Are you trying to use ROM Manager from inside HC? If you are using HC for everything that could be your problem. Not a lot of people using it and it definitly is not a daily driver so I would expect things like ROM manager to have issues from HC.

Not sure about image burining issues. Can you try another imager besides WinImage?

Thanks for your reply..yes HC is running internally. I had a bootable sd card that worked (prior to breaking it)on booting me into ClockworkMod. bascailly I cant write a premade image to my Class 2 8gb Sandisk or 16gb microsd..its a wonder how i did it with autonooter and on my now unusable 4gb. I have tried Winimage and win32diskimager. the images im trying to burn are 8"gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.img" or the cwm_128mb.img I keep getting errors. Need this so I can flash a different OS.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Have you checked the MD5 as was suggested by Rasta?

ttownlarry

Feb 28, 2011
..Not sure if this matters I have a 8gb microsd SDbrand that is has been formatted to fat32 and is blank accept for the fact that I am Unraring the cwm_128mb.img onto it.

ttownlarry

Feb 28, 2011
Not too sure if this matters but the 8gb microsd has been formatted to Fat32 and is blank accept for the cwm_128mg.img i unrared to it. I am using a micro usb adapter as well. When I originally rooted my NC I followed "theunlockr.com" NC HC tutorial. thanks everyone

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Also you might want to look at this thread for creating a bootable CWR. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rk-recovery-revert-stock-image.html#post46294

You sound like you have some knowledge of what you are doing but this thread is a good double check. If not please ask for additional help. NOTE follow all of these steps to restore your nook all the way back rather than just getting CWR working to flash a new ROM (it might be easier to go back to go forward).

Edit: One other item to note after rereading your original post you should not be trying to flash a new ROM from inside ROM manager. Reboot into CWR then flash the new ROM from there after clearing the caches.

Last edited:

ttownlarry

Feb 28, 2011
Also you might want to look at this thread for creating a bootable CWR. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rk-recovery-revert-stock-image.html#post46294

You sound like you have some knowledge of what you are doing but this thread is a good double check. If not please ask for additional help. NOTE follow all of these steps to restore your nook all the way back rather than just getting CWR working to flash a new ROM (it might be easier to go back to go forward).

Edit: One other item to note after rereading your original post you should not be trying to flash a new ROM from inside ROM manager. Reboot into CWR then flash the new ROM from there after clearing the caches.
Good point.. will try thanks. keep u posted.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
It seems your biggest issue is running HC internally. There isn't a HC ROM out there that was built on the actual SDK. All we have is variations of the preview emulator. You are so far out on the fringe, its no wonder you are having issues.

If you choose to continue living on the fringe, continue to expect issues that people can't figure out the proper answers to.

If you were on a more stable OS, I would suggest formatting your SD Card in the NC so you know the disk partitions are correct for the NC, but I would advise against doing it in your current ROM.