S7 Bought from Best buy, Flashed to 2.2.2 questions.

nickolis

Jul 29, 2011
So I'm new to these forums/flashing/rooting ha. I was just trying to get a few questions answered. One being after I upgraded to 2.2.2(Indonesian update I happened to find on here and btw MANY thx, love to be able to use flash 10.1 FINALLY :D), am I able to root? I wanted to root to enable multi touch (since my gameboy advance emulator cant seem to press two buttons simultaneously). Also I wanted to know if the g sensor problem ever got fixed. Is froyofusion for the original s7 or s7 slim? Is it possible for me to upgrade to a bigger internal sd? Am I asking to many unrelated questions? :p And finally unlocking. I noticed at&t sim cards work in my phone, but at&t go phone sims do not? Is this an unlocking issue. or is this because go phone sucks? Ha well any help on any of these subjects would be appreciated. I'm aware that there are some other threads about some of the questions I've posed, but a clear answer to my specific questions was not obvious. Thx all!

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
I've had my S7-104 BB for about 6 months. These forums have been a wonderful source of information.
Is you device the S7 or the S7 Slim?
I know the Standard S7-105 reportedly has the capacitive touch screen. Mine is resistive.

If it is the standard S7, then the below may help, if it is the Slim, then I suggest
you try the S7-Slim forums. They will be able to help more I would think.

I am running the FroyoFusion on my S7 and it is great. (THANKS JOE).
IMPORTANT!!! Read the first post in the FroyoFusion Thread. I didn't read in depth enough
and found through PMs that ClockWorkMod installs from your PC to the S7.
Yes, I had what I like to call the standard I-D-10-T error!! BTW, CWM is another GREAT
thing from one of the dedicated Programmers here. (THANKS GOODOANE)

I think that the FroyoFusion is a Frankenstein of the 2.2.2 Indo S7 ROM and the Slim ROM.
It is also my understanding that Joe Nilan Meshed together the best parts of multiple ROMs.
In addition to this I think he brought in things from other versions of Android and did some
wonderful tweaks of his own. The outcome has been amazing and it just gets better with
each new release.

I would also recommend trying TRI_ZET's ROM. It is very good. It has been hard for me to choose
between that one and the FroyoFusion I am currently running. (THANKS TRI_ZET) I wish I could make a DUAL-BOOT
system. Then I could switch based on my current mood!!

As for the internal SD Memory, I have seen photos of the internals of the S7 and it appears that
the internal memory is soldered to the circuit board (i.e. not upgradable).

In reference to the SIM chip and unlocking, the S7 is NOT a locked device (except for the Telstra in Australia).
I had difficulties getting my S7 to work correctly at first, but the stickies in this forum gave step-by-step
information to get things going GREAT! Again, that is with an AT&T SIM.
The Go Phone SIM may require different settings. You may be able to talk with AT&T and get some information.
Go to the following sticky: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/2290-huawei-s7-useful-tweaks-tips.html
There are a tutorial on how to setup your phone portion.
You may be able to take the list of settings and ask AT&T what the Go Phone settings should be.

Sorry for the long-winded answer, but I wanted to try to help as much as I could, I've received so much help myself!!

Oh, BTW the FroyoFusion and TRI_ZET ROMs are both pre-rooted! Another time saver!!

Good Luck with you S7! I've enjoyed mine A LOT!!

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
froyofusion latest doesn't have touch screen recalibrate so make the first attempt count!!

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
If you really NEED to recalibrate, you can re-flash.
Just check your touchscreen calibration before you load a bunch of stuff.
I'm quite sure Joe Nilan will be getting the Calibration working soon.

nickolis

Jul 29, 2011
I got the s7 on christmas from best buy. It's not the slim. Thanks a lot of all the useful information! I think I might go with froyo fusion. I really wish they would make a andriod 3 available but thats prob just wishful thinking for the time being ha. I did upgrade to andriod 2.2.2 So the froyofusion is already rooted? Does that mean I can just enable multi touch? And I'm pretty sure my screen is resistive since I have to push on it. All in all I love the damn thing, I just wanna do more cool things with it without brickin it. If I did, I think my gf would kill me, she plays the games on it all the time. Sad that you can't upgrade the internal sd :( But again thanks for all the useful answers!

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
Go here:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...id-my-ideos-s7-froyo-1-2-1-s7-slim-froyo.html

And follow the instructions in the first post.
Joe is very helpful and he keeps all updates in the first post so when something new does come along,
It is EASY to find.

Joe takes care of us well, as do those other wonderful developers out there.

Here is the text from a PM I received from Joe Nilan:
well good news, i've got a script on my thread that installs clockwork mod for you, what it does it lets you backup your rom, flash new roms, format things, and the like. it's how you would flash my roms,

First Download this!
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

that will help you with the installation of CWM

then after your setup there.

usage: Without any cables plugged into the s7 (no charger or no usb), power off your tablet, now while its off you would Hold: MENU>SEND>POWER All at the same time to load up clockwork mod, and any roms you download from the s7 forums, you would place on the internal sd card, and you would flash that zip, which is sorta like loading the updata.app onto the sdcard and flashing.

Also make sure you place, the rom on the sdcard from WITHIN android by mounting it... you can't mount the sdcard from Clockwork Mod, it's still a bit buggy and that is one thing that it broken, so from your current setup, mount your sd card and place the rom on the internal sd card, boot up clockworkmod,

WIPE EVERYTHING Data/FACTORY RESET, CACHE
goto Advanced> Wipe Dalvik

then

Do: Install Zip from SDcard
Locate the zip you placed,
flash and reboot. you should be on the new rom.

hope that wasnt too confusing

I was able to follow this with no problems (THANKS JOE).
Of course through this, I was able to realize that the
ClockWorkMod is installed via windows through USB connection.

Good Luck, and once you try FroyoFusion, remember to give the other ROM Mods a try.
I am partial to what Joe Nilan has done, but the other ROMs are very good too!