S7 Charger Alternatives

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
All - this forum is getting slightly cluttered with lots of different threads on chargers that can be used in addition to the OEM that came with the unit. I am going to create this list and ask the following, use the format provided, add only chargers that confirmed to work by you to the sticky portion. We can have discussions and questions below.

Wall Chargers - AC
- Chargers for the Sirius Portable Radios Model 10, 100 or Stiletto. Available from Best Buy and Amazon - Confirmed by pbrauer
- Enercell AC-to-DC Power Adapter for the S7. It outputs 5V @ 2.5 Amp and you get a free tip (Size G is the proper size) with it. Has neat folding prongs and an aux port for a USB cord and green LED to indicate charging. Cost was $19.99 and is radio Shack P/N 2730411 and the tip is P/N 273024. - confirmed by docfreed

Car Charger - DC
- Bracketron,Inc. Universal Mobile Electronics GPS Power-Charger for Portable GPS. It is the one for 5v2A Garmin TomTom & Magellan Devices. You will want to use the #5 tip. Available from Target - confirmed by pbrauer

Combination Chargers - AC/DC
- Duracell 3 in 1 Charger for Motorola Phones | Staples® - confirmed by TheVicster

Solar Charger
Solio Classic or H1000 with motorola tip (Moto 3). www.solio.com - confirmed by Jet

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Please add any and all VERIFIED chargers. I will see if I can find any overseas. Perhaps expansys or fommy for Europe, and telstra for Pacific Rim.

If you have any tested ones feel free to add.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

docfreed

Dec 4, 2010
Have We Confirmed USB Charging...

Has anyone charged with the Micro USB port (even slowly with the S7 off)? Does it charge? And, would it do any damage?

pizzabox23

Dec 10, 2010
Do you guys think I'd be able to charge at a lower amperage than 2?

@Docfreed, I bought a usb charger today; Will give you a hoy once I've got it. It charges through the Power port but uses USB power.
Triple Head USB Power Cable DC 2.0mm 3.0mm & 3.5mm DC Jack 2m
Lady at customer support said it'd work; I'll take her word for it.
I'm also going to buy this for portable USB charging (Once I've got that cable and confirmed it works for it)
Backup Battery & USB Data Charger Cable for iPhone 4 4G / Charges usb devices

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
3.2 mm required for the tip, and no it cannot be charged via USB. I know I will have peope that are going to argue this. Technically possible, but due to physics and configuration not a viable solution.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Shifter2600

Dec 12, 2010
Car Charger - DC
- Bracketron,Inc. Universal Mobile Electronics GPS Power-Charger for Portable GPS. It is the one for 5v2A Garmin TomTom & Magellan Devices. You will want to use the #5 tip. Available from Target - confirmed by pbrauer

Thanks I just picked up this charger and it is working great. I also checked all the ones at BestBuy and they don't have anything that will work.

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
What is the recharge time using the Duracell 3 in 1 charger? I saw that the stock charger is 5V@2A output and the Duracell 3 in 1 is 5V@500mA. Quite a bit lower than the stock charger output. Thoughts?

Last edited:

grenness

Nov 1, 2010
I know this thread is for third party chargers, but I would just like to point out that Huawei apparently does in fact provide users and/or resellers with extra chargers.
I have been promised to receive two directly from Huawei right after new years weekend.
When I get them I can provide as much info about them as possible, but I have no idea at the moment if they look identical to the one included with the S7, how they come "wrapped", etc.

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
I know this thread is for third party chargers, but I would just like to point out that Huawei apparently does in fact provide users and/or resellers with extra chargers.
I have been promised to receive two directly from Huawei right after new years weekend.
When I get them I can provide as much info about them as possible, but I have no idea at the moment if they look identical to the one included with the S7, how they come "wrapped", etc.

Great info, so how did you order them? Through there web site or did you contact them directly maybe?

Ives

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
I for one am looking forward to anything they can bring out at BB. Still wondering why BB is dragging their feet, the cords must be available to them. Would really like to have a original from the manuf.

Looking forward to hearing how you ordered them.

Good work guys and thanks for the suport.

grenness

Nov 1, 2010
Great info, so how did you order them? Through there web site or did you contact them directly maybe?

Ives

I have contacts within Huawei Norway. I will ask them how the extra chargers are supposed to be distributed here in Norway and in USA if they happen to know, but my guess is that major resellers like BB should be able to provide these to their customers - I guess if many enough ask for extra chargers someone at BB will notify Huawei US and ask them to provide a batch of chargers for them to sell.