S7 Charger Alternatives

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
We have Car Chargers available in Australia with the mobility pack. It comes with a soft protective sleave, and a car charger with the right tip for $49.95. They are available from Telstra shops and some Dick Smith stores. I could always buy and send you one.

lopeti1

Jan 6, 2011
Note please leave your battery in your S7
The S7 would not turn on without the battery, But once I turned on the S7 and got to the home screen..took out the battery and the S7 was still on :)
The tips supplied will NOT work for S7 so you may want to source these tips with the links from other posts
I used a supplier from alibaba, Im not happy with the service from them as I was missing the USB cable in my package and they are not being helpful
It's not a biggie as i have spare cables at home...Im just really happy this Portable battery charger has the right output of 2amps :) and works!!

cellphone power bank | cell phone portable power bank | cell phone mobile battery
Power bank for iPad
* High compatibility, suitable for 95% mobile phones in the current market
* Potable power can realize iPad or mobile phones charging while you are out for trip, business…
Specification
Capacity: 5200mAh
Battery type: lithium-polymer battery
Power source: laptop USB connector or compatible adaptor.
Certificate standard: CE, ROHS
Input voltage: DC 5.1V
Input current: 1000mAH
Output voltage: DC 5.1V
Output current: 2000mAh
Dimension: 135.6*48.6*18.2mm
What does it include?
Contents:
- 1 x Movpower charge station
- 1 x USB cable
- 6 x tips compatible with / to charge
- 1 x ipad/iphone
- 1 x Nokia Mini
- 1 x Micro USB
- 1 x Mini USB
- 1 x Samsung G600
- 1 x Samsung D800

UPDATE - Have Tested this battery pack for 3 hours today...walking to pick up my 250cc scooter from the bike shop...3g sim enabled watching movies all the time ...S7 battery still 100% and 40% of the external batery pack power used. Very Very happy and in line with expectactions...will have to charge and discharge the external battery to get longer results.

Last edited:

Tokumboh

Feb 24, 2011
Pls can someone tell me where i can get the accessories for my huawei tablet, a battery and a charger, pls i need it as soon as possible.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
When I was originally talking to the Huawei customer service, I was told that there are no accessories available from Huawei, but you can probably find something compatible, though it won't be too "elegant." I'll say that because I wasn't able to find even an old broken phone charger with the right plug (I had to bodge something together, as I noted before in #72 :)

There should be more stuff coming for tabs, because most accessories available are for PHONES.

BTW- does anyone know what will go into the docking slot? It doesn't look like the usual 0.1 inch card-edge connector. If it'siPod-compatible, then you would probably be able to find an old IPod connector and wire that to a car adapter.

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
right now im using my old sirrius radio power cord as a car charger works great, but then i dont have a place to plug in my cell phone when using wifi tethering, thinking about this one Amazon.com: PowerLine 90305 2,000mA Variable Voltage Universal DC Adapter with Compatability Tips and USB Port: Electronics looks like it uses the same plugs as the adaptaplug from radio shack, will probably order one this week and see

Ok got this in the mail this weekend, and it has a tip that fits the S7, runs and charges the S7, and has a USB port to charge your phone off of also. So wifi tethering with my nexus one running cm7 using maps or navigation on my s7 without running the battery down in either of them. Also found the same charger at walmart this weekend for $15 in electronics with all the tv cables and remotes.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I have the Magellan 800 car charger on order, and a AC/DC charger which is supposed to work for Magellan, but not sure...

Waiting for Ebay. Will take a while.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
That's really odd...

You're supposed to take the battery out of your tablet and put it in the charger, and it also has a USB port.. for something...

And it charges at 600 mA? The one I got with the tablet charges ar 2000mA.

I'm inclined to think that it's not from Huawei, or possibly for the S7. It's probably some kind of a "generic" stuff that says 'Huawei' on it.

cableguy520

Feb 24, 2011
I went with the Duracell 3 in 1 charger for my needs. The cable connects to either the wall outlet unit or car unit via a usb cable. Used alone the usb will charge the S7 from a computer. I leave my stock charger at home, the wall unit at work, the car unit in my JEEP and the usb cable in my case. Always ready to go!

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
I wish they had the Duracell 3in1 that had the 3mm jack. All I have are ones with the USB ends and the BB S7 doesn't charge from USB. So I went to RadioShack, got a G tip and soldiered it to a USB cable. I already have a car to USB charger that outputs 5v @ 1A and it works great. Going on a trip today so I will test it out on the road!

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Good.

I'm pretty sure that the 2A thing is what you need if you are running at the maximum discharge, with WiFi, GPS, BT, and 27 kinds of apps running all at the same time. I think 1A or thereabouts is a more realistic value.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
All I need now to go with the car charger is a strong lockable swivel mount to mount the device to the bracket. Any ideas for that? Something with a locking arm instead of a plastic nut?

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
I wish they had the Duracell 3in1 that had the 3mm jack. All I have are ones with the USB ends and the BB S7 doesn't charge from USB. So I went to RadioShack, got a G tip and soldiered it to a USB cable. I already have a car to USB charger that outputs 5v @ 1A and it works great. Going on a trip today so I will test it out on the road!

i used my phones charger (USB universal charger) 5v max 1A. tested it driving about 4 hours with GPS/Navigation on, network 3G/HSDPA on and battery still charged a little bit.

notes: i cut my charger wire and converted to USB.

Fendogz

Feb 3, 2011
Bought the duracell 3 in 1 from staples and its working. Thanx. No need to butcher a usb cord for aDIY job.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Hey, to some people, the home-made custom stuff can be, and is beautiful. :D From that point of view, it's not butchering when you utilize something that sitting useless in a drawer or box, like all those spare USB cables from pro=inters and such.

Sometimes it's the only reasonable way to go.

Last edited: