s7 development

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
I noticed that there isnt alot of activity in the s7 forums, sometimes threads dont get responses for days. I wonder why that is. Also there isnt much aftermarket development anywhere, even outside this site. It's looking like neither device will get 2.3 or 3.0 but I think if we did they would be awesome. I love my slim! help me make it stronger, better, faster! (yes like the 10 million dollar man)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There are a lot more options on the market now. The S7 Slim came out to compete with the wrong crowd at the wrong time.

If you want to improve your device, it is up to you if no one else steps up, unfortunately. There is some activity on XDA as well for the general S7.

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
If I knew how I would certainly put in the work to make the s7 slim better. Anyone willing to help me out tech wise (how to compile a new rom or explain how roms are made?)

Entropy

Dec 24, 2010
Most development types got tired of Huawei's stubbornness with releasing source and went elsewhere. The way they handled Froyo left a bad taste in my mouth. Now that I have an Infuse 4G I almost never touch the S7, and in fact bought a Tab 10.1 so even less likely to touch the S7 again.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I don't spend as much time with the s7 as I once did mainly because Huawei chose to keep the source code closed. It makes things difficult but there are still 2 devs trying to keep the s7 alive. Tri-zet and joenellan are the ones you need to follow on the androidtablets.net

Sent from my NexusOne using Tapatalk