S7 Slim Won't Download or Reset

99devices

Jul 1, 2011
OK, so I have a weird problem ...

I powered up the S7 Slim and was pretty happy for a little while, but now it won't download anything from the Market. It can ENTER the Market, I can select things to download, and it starts downloading, but then it says "Download paused" and then the download disappears. I did manage to install four or five apps, but now I can't install any more. I am still using the built-in launcher. Apps run normally but I can't download any more.

Tried the Web-based Market. It says apps are compatible and says they will be "downloaded to my device shortly" but nothing ever actually downloads.

I tried doing a factory reset and ... it won't. When I go into privacy and hit Erase Everything ... nothing happens! The system doesn't freeze, the button is just totally ineffectual. It lights up when I touch it, it goes out when I let go, and I can't factory reset the device.

Is there any way to perform a factory reset over ADB? Has anyone heard of these problems? To connect it to ADB, where can I find the USB driver?

I have a Chinese unit, build S7-202uV100R001C003B017T06.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Not sure what happens with market, sometimes its happen with my htc desire too, but download will starting a few minutes later.

For ideos s7 slim, there is huawei usb driver inside (ISO image). I guess it should be mounted automatically as virtual cd drive when connecting to PC.

Or you can download latest usb driver from here :
http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource/mini/201105239635/hi_suite_en/index.html

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

jddroid

Jul 14, 2011
I had this same problem with a customer who came in with their device ( I work at Best Buy)

I am no stranger to android so I tried a few things and I know the apps will pause sometimes, Experienced with my android phones before, but these things just will never continue to download. dissappear and would never come back. I'm going to try a few more things I have read in this forum, hopefully I can figure out something.

Let me know if you have any ideas please!

thanks

mattmn

Jul 28, 2011
I have a s7 slim and had the EXACT same problem. No apps would download in the market and factory reset button would allow me to click but wouldn't do anything. I FINALLY was able to get it to factory reset. All I did was make sure the "Back up my data" was unchecked under "Privacy" in settings. Once I unchecked that and went back into factory reset, the tablet reset with no problems.

Hope this helps.

SuhiJr

Jul 23, 2011
OK, so I have a weird problem ...

I powered up the S7 Slim and was pretty happy for a little while, but now it won't download anything from the Market. It can ENTER the Market, I can select things to download, and it starts downloading, but then it says "Download paused" and then the download disappears. I did manage to install four or five apps, but now I can't install any more. I am still using the built-in launcher. Apps run normally but I can't download any more.

Tried the Web-based Market. It says apps are compatible and says they will be "downloaded to my device shortly" but nothing ever actually downloads.

I tried doing a factory reset and ... it won't. When I go into privacy and hit Erase Everything ... nothing happens! The system doesn't freeze, the button is just totally ineffectual. It lights up when I touch it, it goes out when I let go, and I can't factory reset the device.

Is there any way to perform a factory reset over ADB? Has anyone heard of these problems? To connect it to ADB, where can I find the USB driver?

I have a Chinese unit, build S7-202uV100R001C003B017T06.

Try to instal new android market 3.0. I installed and now works great.
Download link