S7 upgrade to 2.2 question

Joeyandroid

Dec 14, 2011
Ok, new here and I have been reading til my eyes bleed! LOL

I am getting my S7 in a few days and it is at 2.1. I would like to update to 2.2. I have read about root'ing and all kinds of confusing things and I have a simple question? How to upgrade to 2.2 so I can get the most from my device, do i need to root to update?. Just simple terms please and meanwhile I'll be reading more....Is very confusing, sorry for the newb ?...Thanks all who reply...Joey:)

Snake eater

Apr 10, 2011
You will want to root your s7 due to limited space to install apps. By rooting your s7 you can install and move all apps to a 2nd partition of your ad card. Other wise you will be very limited on what you install

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Joeyandroid

Dec 14, 2011
Thanks for your reply...I am off to read up on rooting. If I root the S7 with 2.1 on it will it still be rooted when I install a 2.2 rom? Or should I update to 2.2 then root? Thanks again...
You will want to root your s7 due to limited space to install apps. By rooting your s7 you can install and move all apps to a 2nd partition of your ad card. Other wise you will be very limited on what you install

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Joeyandroid

Dec 14, 2011
Ok I figured out to update 2.2 first then root with otc...What is the most current rom as of today? What happened to all the posters in this section? Did you all tire of ur S7's? LOL

manxman

Aug 2, 2011
Maybe most people have moved on to higher end tablets... The lack of multi-touch on my S7-104 has been the only major complaint I have.

You should use the Indonesian ROM (2.2.2) not the Best Buy ROM (2.2.1). I found 2.2.2 to be much more stable, and liked the screen dimming ability better to use it as an e-reader at night. I don't remember where the links are for that ROM. If I have time later, I'll try to get the current links if you can't find them.

Joeyandroid

Dec 14, 2011
Thanks for all the replies :) I am new to tablets and just love that this one has a built in dedicated phone feature! I just got this yesterday and have been playing with it, love it! I'll look around for the indonesian rom and I think I have the update procedure all figured out, if not, I'll ask :)
Maybe most people have moved on to higher end tablets... The lack of multi-touch on my S7-104 has been the only major complaint I have.

You should use the Indonesian ROM (2.2.2) not the Best Buy ROM (2.2.1). I found 2.2.2 to be much more stable, and liked the screen dimming ability better to use it as an e-reader at night. I don't remember where the links are for that ROM. If I have time later, I'll try to get the current links if you can't find them.