Sad news

rjgtr

Nov 28, 2010
I think you can chalk this up to one store and one biased saleesman. I'm showing 5 of the 7 stores in my area having it in stock, with the other two showing ship to store.

The kid probably has an Apple sticker on his VW Bug. As long as it sells they'll keep it. There were the same reports about the Galaxy and Huawei at first and they are still carrying them. With all the Acer computers and netbooks they sell, they'd be more than likely to keep the A500 for a while.

iTazm0n

May 4, 2011
I bought mine at BBuy and the store also sells the Xoom. Both are on display for customers to 'play' with and the Xoom just got a big, center end cap display with both versions to try. So, it's either a bone headed manager as stated above or a slight bit of BS/misunderstanding from the OP. Android Tabs are hot news ATM , so I doubt BBuy would cancel plans to sell them this early in the game.

JamesH

May 5, 2011
This info is completely inaccurate. I am a store manager for bby . I checked our RSS (INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM) not only is this sku active but most stores in my district show on hand available and have some in transit. Also an accomidation for employees was just announced . We are not killing this sku!

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
How could they not accept returns on something they sell as long as it is inside the return window. I call BS on that.

kaspr00

May 1, 2011
Good! I'm glad to see it's only my store. Maybe they felt the market around here (south alabama) wasn't good enough. I'm relieved to hear it's only a few stores!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

kaspr00

May 1, 2011
This info is completely inaccurate. I am a store manager for bby . I checked our RSS (INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM) not only is this sku active but most stores in my district show on hand available and have some in transit. Also an accomidation for employees was just announced . We are not killing this sku!

Btw, since you're a store manager, in our RSS(793) the status is deleted. I posted this to see if it was regional or just our store. Again, I'm very happy to hear its just our store!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Well it still shows On-Line. Acer Iconia A500 Tablet Highlights

But this might be some subtle pressure being applied to Acer since the Transformer is cheaper by about 50 bucks.
Acer generally reviewed in the various web sites as being just a little too expensive. (Of course you can actually BUY one instead of waiting for availability).

PureDigital

May 12, 2011
There were two returns on the counter when I bought mine last week, and three others in stock. Just checked and now they have 6 in stock and the manager says he can't get enough of them.

dhornick

May 12, 2011
OK well after I played with mine for a week I decided to get my girlfriend one for her birthday/ college graduation. I went to my local best buy (a different one from the one I bought mine at) and I was told that they were out of stock, they were only shipped a display and wouldn't be getting any. They said the same went for all the stores in the area. I called the next closest store and they had a few in stock.

The lesson I learned from this: best buy employs apple lovers, but in all honesty I thought it was weird that someone else had a similar run in. I had a flashback from the hilarious Asus transformer "release"

spexwood

May 11, 2011
The lesson I learned from this: best buy employs apple lovers

Its so funny that you mentioned this. When I bought my A500 from Best Buy a week or two ago, they told me that Acer was horrible and that I should get the iPad2. I told then that I would never buy an Apple product even if they were the only electronics company left in the world and that Android was waaaaaaay better (my opinion). Plus the iPad2 doesnt have a memory card slot or usb outlet.
After giving him a bunch of other reasons, the dude just looked at me and got my A500 out from the back. I know that as a customer, they cant control what I want to buy, but I am happy to say that I think I won :)

pentool

May 1, 2011
No, what's funny is, that when I got mine, there were no BB employees around in the blue shirt, only apple ones (black shirt + apple logo). So I told them I wanna take an Iconia and they actually helped me without asking or saying anything about any Apple product. They could not sell me one anyhow, because the iPad 2 is out of stock for ages.

Mippster

Apr 25, 2011
i have a question . i'm traveling to US for 2 week and i plan to buy Iconia when i get there from BB but since i won't stay in one city i wanted ask, if any one of you knows, if something is wrong with the tab whether i can exchange it in a different BB store ?

bahurd

May 13, 2011
i have a question . i'm traveling to US for 2 week and i plan to buy Iconia when i get there from BB but since i won't stay in one city i wanted ask, if any one of you knows, if something is wrong with the tab whether i can exchange it in a different BB store ?

I am not a BB employee but I have bought items from BB while traveling and returned them at a store local to my home.

You do need to watch the restocking fee, if any (it pays to ask...). Also, payment method may be critical if you are using a foreign card or debit card. Make sure before buying that any refund would be in kind and not store credit.

Again, it pays to ask at the time of purchase.

bertha710

May 13, 2011
Good! I'm glad to see it's only my store. Maybe they felt the market around here (south alabama) wasn't good enough. I'm relieved to hear it's only a few stores!

I'm from the south too and I think you just validated every "hick" stereotype about our region of the country. LOL!

As I research my next tablet (started with something basic for the experience), I've been reading reviews on the Acer and have been pleasantly surprised by the strong reviews it consistently gets. I have it on a short list with the Transformer and Galaxy. But when you indicated your store is in south alabama, i couldn't help but laugh. Hope your manager comes around. :)

Humantelope

May 2, 2011
so the best buy i work at has the acer, and its still active as well, just got a shipment the other day so its not like we're not receiving anymore either lol. so its definitely not a bestbuy wide thing for sure. ( i know a store manager said it, but it never hurts to have more people backing it).

love my tab just wish we carried more accessories than the screen protector