safe mode?

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
Do you have a small hole with a reset button on your tablet? If you press that it should boot up normally.

johnhoward

Dec 6, 2011
thanks Droid13.tried that but still there.At one stage little menu appeared and nothing would work then. Went back to safe mode and everything works.Menu said something about sync and signin?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
safe mode has appeared on my tablet. why and how do i get rid of it.
thanks
You must have done something tot get that. More info please. Where you trying to root your tablet? Maybe system was being upgraded and you didn't realise and then you tried to shut the tablet down. When the new system is downloaded and installed it does go into SAFE MODE. That is what I suspect.

johnhoward

Dec 6, 2011
You must have done something tot get that. More info please. Where you trying to root your tablet? Maybe system was being upgraded and you didn't realise and then you tried to shut the tablet down. When the new system is downloaded and installed it does go into SAFE MODE. That is what I suspect.
its possible that may have happened. how can i fix it please?

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
Maybe I should chang my location to "Minnesota,home of the aliens":) If indeed you did shut down while updating,you will need to find specific instructions for restoring your tablet to stock. When asking for help it is always a good idea to tell us all the information about your tablet so we can better help you.

Last edited:

johnhoward

Dec 6, 2011
Thanks "TheDroid13". Not sure what happened but suddenly safe mode is gone and all seems to be working correctly.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Good:)Sometimes stuff just works itself out.

While I was writing to you a few posts back, I had a picture of SAFE MODE flash in my mind and that why I suspected the shut down during upgrade as a possible cause. As TheDroid13 said "we need more information please" and then you got sorted! Have fun!

jeremyschram

Dec 31, 2011
To get safe mode:
While holding down the menu button, turn on your device and continue to press the menu button until you see the lock screen. “Safe Mode” should now be printed in the lower-left corner of your display. When in safe mode, Android does not load any third-party apps, and you can uninstall the application that gave you trouble from
Settings > Applications > Manage applications

To get out of safe mode restart your device properly by shutting it down. You should see "Power Off" if you don't then you aren't turning your device off properly. If after doing this your device constantly starts it'self in safe mode then there is one of two things wrong. There is a tiny file that you need to delete or there is a file that is corrupt and needs to be replaced, but from the tone of your post I am assuming you need a really easy solution. If you don't mind starting over installing apps and you understand you will loose everything then remove any sd card then wipe your device.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Settings >Privacy>Factory data reset.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]